• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacobs & The Council - Just when i thought i was sorted =(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacobs & The Council - Just when i thought i was sorted =(

Thanks Milo.

I'm going to do that... and i have a bit of instruction how to?

My main gripe at the moment is that if I am liable for the fee (once the DVLA confirm when i sold the car) I now have to pay £340 for it as Jacobs have, in my eyes, falsely entered me into a payment plan by making me pay £40 to prevent door step action.

Speaking to them today they said that this payment must have been a payment plan but I was never made aware of any further payments until i had proved who the PCN belonged too. I am no longer allowed a payment plan and its £340 or goods removal.

I've tried to be reasonable and offer them the full £100 that would be outstanding from the initial contact as soon as I've had the letter from the DVLA but they won't give me that courtesy and have magically lost the call logs!

Comment

Originally posted by treborh2812 View Post
      Thanks Milo.

I'm going to do that... and i have a bit of instruction how to?

My main gripe at the moment is that if I am liable for the fee (once the DVLA confirm when i sold the car) I now have to pay £340 for it as Jacobs have, in my eyes, falsely entered me into a payment plan by making me pay £40 to prevent door step action.

Speaking to them today they said that this payment must have been a payment plan but I was never made aware of any further payments until i had proved who the PCN belonged too. I am no longer allowed a payment plan and its £340 or goods removal.

I've tried to be reasonable and offer them the full £100 that would be outstanding from the initial contact as soon as I've had the letter from the DVLA but they won't give me that courtesy and have magically lost the call logs!
      Make sure your current motor is well away or in a locked garage, Jacobs will clamp and seize. even third party cars.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        Make sure your current motor is well away or in a locked garage, Jacobs will clamp and seize. even third party cars.
        I don't live at the address they are going to, it's a relative of mine. Will they still do this to them?

Comment

I don't live at the address they are going to, it's a relative of mine. Will they still do this to them?
          If they have that address for you there is a good chance that Jacobs will clamp their motors, saying it is reasonable to believe any car parked there is yours, as they have you down as living there and then the relatives would need show V5 and insurance in their name to Jacobs, if Jacobs refuse proof they will need to do a S85 third party claim, or possible interpleader if Jacobs get arsey and actually tow the car(s)

Milo can probably give clarity,

Have you given your current address to snacobs?

Comment

Not yet... not being that helpful so I don't want to give them an easy ride!

I've filed the out of time statement and I'm waiting on the DVLA to advise when I sold the car!

My concern is that if the PCN is mine Jacobs believe I've had my chance of payment plan and they have added fees so I've got to cough up £400 in one go!

Comment

So I've filled the out of time statement and Jacobs seem to have put it on hold for now.

I've spoken to the DVLA who for some reason aren't being very cooperative and are struggling to give me a definitive answer to if I owned the car on that date.

Is there anything else i can do with the council to challenge this or even get the amount reduced to a manageable amount that i can pay off should it come to that?

Comment

Have you sent the Out of Time witness statement by post or by email (email hopefully).

If so, then all enforcement of the warrant should now go 'on hold' for approx 6 weeks. That should hopefully give you time to get the information from DVLA that you require.

Comment

Hi milo
                  Yes that's happened, my concern now is if the ticket is mine, is there anything I can disputed to lower the £400 outstanding?

Comment

So the ticket is mine, by a total of 3 days before i sold it =(
                    Is there any way of reducing the charges by Jacobs? It seems very excessive to pay £400 for a parking ticket from 2012

Comment

So the ticket is mine, by a total of 3 days before i sold it =(
                      Is there any way of reducing the charges by Jacobs? It seems very excessive to pay £400 for a parking ticket from 2012
                      You have already submitted and Out of Time witness statement so at present, you don't need to do anything but wait for the outcome. If accepted, then all bailiff fees will be removed and the PCN 'rewound' back to the Notice to Owner stage.

If rejected, you will need to explore a payment arrangement with Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo View Post
                        You have already submitted and Out of Time witness statement so at present, you don't need to do anything but wait for the outcome. If accepted, then all bailiff fees will be removed and the PCN 'rewound' back to the Notice to Owner stage.

If rejected, you will need to explore a payment arrangement with Jacobs.

Thanks, Milo,

Jacobs won't offer me one, they've already said this. They claim I broke a previous arrangement, which I feel I was miss sold into just to prevent them from showing up at my dad's doorstep.

They claimed it wouldn't have been miss sold and they had all calls recorded. When I asked them to check the call it had miraculously "NOT RECORDED" on that occasion....
                        Is there nothing i can do if i loose the out of time?

Comment

Thanks, Milo,

Is there nothing i can do if i loose the out of time?
                          The time to worry about that is when you receive a response to your Out of Time witness statement. That can take another month to 6 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo View Post
                            The time to worry about that is when you receive a response to your Out of Time witness statement. That can take another month to 6 weeks.
                            So I recieved a letter from the County Court with the out of time witness being rejected and I have till mid march to challenge.

After my own investigation, it is my ticket as I mentioned previously. I'm not looking to avoid any cost, I've already paid £40 but I feel a further £300 is very unjust especially for something that is so old.

What can I do?

Comment

**bump**
                              Any advice on reducing the fine would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Not likely to be reduced they seem to have done it all to the law

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X