Thread: Purple Bricks Conveyancing

• Display
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Purple Bricks Conveyancing

We've sold our house through Purple Bricks and following the advice of their agent, we deferred payment until completion.

We've now found that having deferred payment, we're tied in to using ezie conveyancing or we have to pay a fee of £360. It's actually cheaper to pay that fee and go elsewhere because ezie conveyancing are so expensive. We feel like we've been well and truly had and although it's clearly our own fault for not reading the terms and conditions carefully enough, I'm wondering if there's anything we can do?

Thanks for any advice

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)

Default Re: Purple Bricks Conveyancing

Purple Bricks' Ts & Cs state that the Pay Later option is only available on the basis that you instruct their conveyancing service, but were you told at the start how much the conveyancing would cost or have you only just been made aware?

Have you entered into a separate agreement with Close Brothers Ltd?

Di
    I work for Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Di,
    Thanks for your message. What happened was that we received a quote for conveyancing and signed up (sadly without fully reading the terms and conditions).
    We then had a terrible service from ezie conveyancing. I had lost the original quote and requested a new one which wasn't forthcoming, I spoke to someone on the phone who's English was so bad that he couldn't understand a word I was saying - he couldn't actually find our details on the system because he couldn't spell anything correctly.
    With that service, we decided against using ezie conveyancing which is when we gave the go-ahead to another solicitor and informed ezie we wouldn't be using them.
    It's only now that our new solicitor has tried to get the memorandum of sale from purple bricks (who have refused to hand it over) that we've found out what we've signed up for.
    As I've said, I realise that we've done this to ourselves by not fully reading the terms and conditions but I do feel like we've been deliberately deceived and it would be nice if there was a way out of it.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xfawkes View Post
    We then had a terrible service from ezie conveyancing. I had lost the original quote and requested a new one which wasn't forthcoming, I spoke to someone on the phone who's English was so bad that he couldn't understand a word I was saying - he couldn't actually find our details on the system because he couldn't spell anything correctly.
    With that service, we decided against using ezie conveyancing which is when we gave the go-ahead to another solicitor and informed ezie we wouldn't be using them.
    If the conveyancer provided poor service then you may have an argument. What did they do wrong or not get right?

Unless I'm wrong ezie conveyancing is an introducer service which provides work for a panel of lawyers who are all regulated by the SRA. If that's the case and one of the lawyers messed up then you may be able to make a complaint against them (the lawyer) to the Legal Ombudsman.

You say you made a phone call to them which didn't go very well so you took your business elsewhere. I would think the way forward is to make a formal complaint in writing.

Di
    I work for Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk