• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Evicting a parent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evicting a parent

Hi . My mum and dad signed the family home over to me and my brother on the agreement they can live in the property until they pass.

My mother has recently been forced to move out due to my father alcoholism ad behaviour .

We want to evict my father from the home so my mother can live in the house .

Can we do this ? How should we go about it ?
    Tags: None

Re: Evicting a parent

Was there any particular reason your parents signed the house over to you and your brother? i.e. inheritance tax?
    Has your dad’s behaviour been building up or a recent development? Are your parents retired/elderly?
    I have absolutely no idea what your legal situation is here but I would ask you to consider this; Would it be possible to sell the family home and use the proceeds to house both your parents separately? I am just thinking of the moral implications.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Re: Evicting a parent

Hi. Thanks for the reply

They signed the house over purely as a measure so they new it was 'ours ' in the event of a thing happening .

My dad behaviour has always been their . Abuse , mental and physical . Me and my brother have are not as sympathetic to him as my mum has been over the years . They are retired and elderly 70d and 75 m . His Behaviour has become more erratic , drinking more and trashing household items . My mum is in poor health and naturally she can't live in that environment .

My dad has no worked for 35 years claiming benifits my mum has always worked .

Basically he is a rat . I'd want him out and my mum to live inthe house she has worked hard to pay for

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X