• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hm court letter from lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hm court letter from lowell

hello i received a letter from hm courts and tribunal service in regards to dept i owe to lowell portfollio. i do not know what to as i have never had a dept letter before the dept is for £179 and its states that if i do not make a payment within 14days (time is up) then a bailiff would attend my address with a van and porters to remove goods. i no longer live at the address after a break down in relations with my partner. i still attend the property as we have children together and my ex partner is taking care of some of my belongings until i can get a place of my own sorted out. i really have no idea what to do and my ex partner is really quite distressed about the whole matter. the letter is set very official looking should we ignore the door if they attend. i dont even know what the dept money is for if i am honest there is no notice on the letter to whom they have accquired the dept from?

please help!!

mark
    Tags: None

Re: Hm court letter from lowell

Hi

Would you have a look at the letter you have received and see if there is a form number on it ? or could you take a picture and either remove your info and post it on here, or email it to me - admin@legalbeagles.info

It sounds like you have a judgment and it hasn't been paid and Lowell have applied for a warrant of control - but need to know exactly what the letter is to be able to help at all with what you need to do.

Regards

Sharon
    xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

there is only a case number and a warrant number im struggling to find a way of emailing you a copy sorry for the late reply i work nights atm

Comment

dear sir
        Re: case number ************** lowell portfollio 1ltd v mr mark smith
        warrant number: ********

final notice
        this warrant has been issued for the payment of £179.25 or the removal of your goods to the sale room.

unless the above amount is paid into the court office within the next 14 working days,you will loeave me no alternative but to carry out the warrant by attending your premisis with auctioneers van and porters,to remove your goods to the sale room,to satify the warrant. you will have to pay additional removal and auctioneers costs.

yours faithfully name and signature ]
        mobile number

it looks just like this and has courty address in top rihght corner of the letter which is the county court at great grimsby

Comment

Are the figures correct a warrant costs at least £77 seems a lot to spend tp collect £179

Comment

yes it is correct its a dept of 179.25p

Comment

Hmmm. This "unless the above amount is paid into the court office within the next 14 working days,you will loeave me no alternative but to carry out the warrant by attending your premisis with auctioneers van and porters,to remove your goods to the sale room,to satify the warrant. you will have to pay additional removal and auctioneers costs." doesn't sound like the court, sounds like an enforcement agent.

Ring Grimsby Court and give them the claim number and ask them to email you or send you a copy of the judgment or any paperwork. Also ring Lowell and ask them what it is as you have had nothing at all up to this point. You can inform them you will be looking into applying to set aside the judgment. It really depends what it is as to whether you decide to pay it to get rid of it or want to fight it back through court.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by markkaireagan View Post
                dear sir
                Re: case number ************** lowell portfollio 1ltd v mr mark smith
                warrant number: ********

final notice
                this warrant has been issued for the payment of £179.25 or the removal of your goods to the sale room.

unless the above amount is paid into the court office within the next 14 working days,you will loeave me no alternative but to carry out the warrant by attending your premisis with auctioneers van and porters,to remove your goods to the sale room,to satify the warrant. you will have to pay additional removal and auctioneers costs.

yours faithfully name and signature ]
                mobile number

it looks just like this and has courty address in top rihght corner of the letter which is the county court at great grimsby
                [MENTION=30402]Milo[/MENTION]; [MENTION=26498]ploddertom[/MENTION]
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

i dont even know what the dept is for to be honest i will ring the court and find out what is what thank you for your help and fast replies

Comment

i rang the court telephone number but just get a dead tone after i press the last number?! ive checked online and the numbers match up tried a few times as well i will give it half an hour an hour and try again. to answer your question in regards to what i want to do about it,if i had a better idea as to what the dept was for i could make a decesion on what im going to do about it

Comment

Hi, did you come to a resolution with this? Or manage to get in touch with anyone from the courts?

The only reason I have had a very similar letter to the one you speak about for the exact amount of 179.25 and the same company. I'm pondering if it's actually from the courts or not. It doesn't seem like a very professional / official letter.

Comment

I agree JustMe. The letter is not warrant. It sounds unprofessional and isn't stamped by the court / signed by the judge etc...and is an odd amount... doesn't match any bailiff fee and for it to be a ccj enforcement, very low, once you take off court fee and warrant fee there's only about 60 for the 'debt' .... any chance of a pic of the letter or type out the contact details given on it. We've seen court claims for less than 60 but not from a company like Lowell ... and Lowell hardly ever go for bailiff enforcement even on normal level £1-£5k type debts. Very odd. Def ring court on Monday.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

*Image removed*
                          Last edited by JustMe23; 19th August 2017, 12:03:PM.

Comment

Same court too.

https://courttribunalfinder.service....d-court-centre

Seems to be the right info.

I'd contact the court first.

https://certificatedbailiffs.justice...search=Andrews

Not one in Grimsby but I don't know if that register is applicable. [MENTION=26498]ploddertom[/MENTION] ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I'll give them a call see what's said. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X