Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: IDR FINANCE II v Acorn2012

• Display

Site Owner

Mentions
    1827 Post(s)

Default Re: IDR FINANCE II v Acorn2012

I can't see that any posts have been removed Warwick - unless some have been moved to another thread ? but there's def no deleted or modded posts on this thread - where abouts do you think they've gone from or which posts are you looking at "considering the contents of one"? (if some have been removed it might help me track them down )
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

The only advice I have been given is on here so I have no idea why you would get the impression I have been receiving legal advice elsewhere?
    Amethyst I think I emailed you copies of what I had I'm not sure - I'll check shortly.
    I am just in the middle of putting my children to bed then sorting out and sending off my n180. I will then go back through these messages and try and dig out and attactch copies of documents in question.
    Also I do not recall being asked at the beginning of the thread to send an sar to Barclacard but perhaps I missed that piece of advice?

Site Owner

Mentions
    1827 Post(s)

Possibly, it's quite a stressful time when you get a claim so it's easy to miss stuff in the plethora of posts and help in the early days. I think from the docs you were sent by Kearns we haven't seen the agreement or assignment notice - I don't have them on my email either xxx And don't worry about it tonight, just get the N180 sorted after getting the kids to bed, and try get a copy of the agreement, recon & the original copy, the terms & assignment up tmw.

Btw, you get help where you can and from who you want - none of our bee's wax - it's your claim, and the more support and advice you have to help you make decisions on dealing with it, the better in my book xxxx
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Thank you �� xxx

VIP Member

Mentions
    142 Post(s)

@Amethyst
    I apologise, I thought the post where Acorn made the accusations of forgery had been removed so smack me hard sorry and grovel again

The only reason I hoped you had been getting legal advice off forum ( which is your right) is that there seem to be many threads that have gone adrift
    e.g
    Recommendations for CPR
    Recommendations for SAR
    Questions about the response to the CCA request

The lack of clarity on these makes it almost impossible to offer valid advice or opinions on how your defence should go therefore I was hoping you were getting some professional advice so you were fully informed of your position and options
    Any advice or opinions I offer are based on my experience dealing with personal debt as well as other life events.
    I have no formal legal training
    Any advice is offered without liability
    If in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB

Authorised Representative

Mentions
    854 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn2012 View Post
    I do not recall being asked at the beginning of the thread to send an sar to Barclacard but perhaps I missed that piece of advice?

See my advice given on 4th January 2017 in post # 7 here >

Quote Originally Posted by Diana M View Post
    Have you been receiving annual statements since the account went into arrears (s.86)?

Also did you have PPI on the account?

When you've sent those two letters you need to send a SAR to Barclays to get the full true history of the account so you can tell fact from fiction when any paperwork is produced by the other side.

Di
    Di
    I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit.

This forum’s site rules don’t allow me to give advice by PM but if you need to contact me please email di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk. Our initial advice is always free.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Authorised Representative

Mentions
    854 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn2012 View Post
    I need to send off my N180 asap! I am really stressing that I'll end up having to go to court which terrifies me, and as per my previous messages I really need to try and avoid having a ccj on my file. So I presume I will tick that I want mediation? But I'm also thinking I should send them a "without prejudice" settlement over to try and resolve beforehand? Is this the best course of action for me? If so can anyone point me in the right direction of a template I can adapt?
    No one can tell you what to do. You need to consider all your options and then make an informed choice based on what works best for you.

As I understand it you have to file a DQ by next week's deadline.

You're understandably feeling spooked by the court stuff because all of a sudden it feels 'real'.

Don't be scared.

The DQ is an opportunity for you to settle this at Mediation if that's what you want to do and if that's what the Claimant wants to do.

I regularly see people on forums wanting a 'template letter' to solve their problem but the one-size-fits-all approach isn't always the answer because each case/claim is different.

From what I can tell you've not had a full appraisal of the documents you have been sent by the Claimant. Maybe that's the next sensible step for you?

Di
    I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit.

This forum’s site rules don’t allow me to give advice by PM but if you need to contact me please email di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk. Our initial advice is always free.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345