• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Are Currys at it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Currys at it

I bought a Dyson V6 from Currys on the 28th of December 2016 and it developed a fault a few days later. I returned to the store today 3rd Jan, and the customer assistant said that I couldn't have a refund because he had to get a Return Authority from the Dyson Helpline and he said it would be closed because it was after five PM, (this was a lie because the helpline is open until eight PM). I tried to tell him that a refund for a product that is not working and he agreed that it was not working should not be contingent upon Currys system or protocol and that all other retailers didn't work this way and basically what Currys was doing was illegal. He was non-committal on this point but said he couldn't issue a refund even if he wanted to without the aforementioned Return Authority number from the Dyson Helpline.

Does anyone have a view on this or am I barking up the wrong tree?
    Tags: None

Re: Are Currys at it

Hi and welcome.
    The legislation states:"A refund under this section must be given without undue delay, and in anyevent within 14 days beginning with the day on which the trader agrees thatthe consumer is entitled to a refund"
    So if the sales person on the floor does not have the authority to authorise a refund (a reasonable policy to prevent fraud by staff) you will have to wait, but no longer than 14 days, and then the refund should be made in the same manner as you purchased the item eg cash for cash, or a credit to your debit/credit card.

Comment

Re: Are Currys at it

Yes this is the standard Curry's bullshit. Met it before. You ask for the manager and quote the Consumer Rights Act 2015. This gives you the absolute right within 30 days to return faulty goods to the retailer for a full refund. No ifs, no buts, no need to accept the offer of a repair. Read the CRA and the the bit about the right to reject within 30 days and then go back to the store. It's not too difficult to read. Your contract is with the retailer and the manufacturer do not come into the equation at all.

Did they not have a notice behind the desk saying that they have a scheme wherebye any faulty goods would be refunded within 30 days? My local store has this and it tries to give the impression that Currys are being generous.

I think Tesco also try this technique to get themselves out of non working situations, in fact they ask that you send the goods back to the manufacturer yourself.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X