• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed asap for defence by 7th jan..lowell /lucas credit services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help needed asap for defence by 7th jan..lowell /lucas credit services

shall i copy the statute barred letter from the link you sent me? or write a prove it letter? i dont want to reset the clock
    its a t mobile account not a utility bill

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tabitha62 View Post
      Hi thanks for your help

Can you please send me a link or help me with the cpr im not clued up at all in how to deal with this
      Top of this thread.
      also statute barred letter
      See Debt Camel link post #29.

as i need to put my defence in by 7th jan, by writing to them again its going to go past the date for defence until i receive any correspondence back
      Yep.
      No problem, just adapt defence example to say that
      CPR 31.14 letter sent to (solicitors) on (date) - awaiting reply.
      SB letter sent to (solicitors) on (date) - awaiting reply.
      Don't forget the SAR to EE.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Ok ive already wrote to lowell's with a cpr i sent a £1 postal order with that and they then sent me letters and docs ive posted on here,
        so can i do this again but not pay another £1?? im so confused now. as ive already sent cpr . but they ddint send me all the info maybe because i only asked for contract/agreement proof.

I wasn't aware i can do another cpr
        Do i send to their solicitor or Lowells?
        thanks

Comment

shall i copy the statute barred letter from the link you sent me? or write a prove it letter? i dont want to reset the clock
          You could combine the 2 letters
          Remove any 'first-person' references from the SB letter - just write 'also, it would appear from the scant information provided by you that this claim is statute-barred......'.etc.

its a t mobile account not a utility bill
          Yep.
          Not much difference as far as the court claim tactics go, though.

thanks
          ####
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok ive already wrote to lowell's with a cpr i sent a £1 postal order with that and they then sent me letters and docs ive posted on here,
            so can i do this again but not pay another £1?? im so confused now. as ive already sent cpr . but they ddint send me all the info maybe because i only asked for contract/agreement proof.

I wasn't aware i can do another cpr
            Do i send to their solicitor or Lowells?
            thanks
            Lol!
            The letter you sent (to whom?) included a £1 payment.
            That appears to have confused the issue.
            The CPR letter should be sent to the solicitors.
            No harm in sending another one, esp if your original was to the Claimant.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I sent a cpr to lowells and their solicitors and a £1 po to lowells for the documents .i was advised this is what i have to do from a forum think it was this one it was a template.

Comment

I sent a cpr to lowells and their solicitors
                Do you have a copy & proof of posting for this?
                and a £1 po to lowells for the documents .i was advised this is what i have to do from a forum think it was this one it was a template.
                No problem with this if a CPR letter was also sent to sols (with proof of posting).
                & there's still the potential SB issue.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok, i shall send for more info then but can i still put my defence in , over next few days, even though im awaiting more info where do i stand with this,? i doubt il get the info back from them in time as i only have 4 days left now.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                  & there's still the potential SB issue.
                  yes i do have proof of postage, can i still send for more info though?

Comment

Ok, i shall send for more info then but can i still put my defence in , over next few days, even though im awaiting more info where do i stand with this,? i doubt il get the info back from them in time as i only have 4 days left now.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

yes i do have proof of postage, can i still send for more info though?
                    Could you post up your CPR letter? (or type verbatim).
                    Remove personal data.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                      Could you post up your CPR letter? (or type verbatim).
                      Remove personal data.
                      Here is the cpr it comes in 2 parts as it ran into 2 peices of paper
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok.

It would appear that you've only asked for the agreement/contract.
                        You can also request the Notice of Assignment.
                        If it were me I'd also want a breakdown of the alleged debt.

Btw, your stated date for your defence on your letter appears to be wrong?
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

On what basis are you disputing this debt? When did you last make a payment to this mobile account?

(Sorry if that sounds argumentative, I'm just worried in case a real argument has got lost somewhere.)

Comment

Tbh i cannot remember when i made any payments the debt goes back to 2011
                            I did notice just today the date was wrong in one part of cpr letter but correct date was also on there.

do i need to again send letters for more info in what way do i word this? please im not good at letter writing also should i still put in defence while waiting for their reply.

Thanks

Comment

I am drafting up a letter to send lowells now .do i send to them or their solicitor ?. with requesting more info. i shall try get it posted on here so you can advise if its ok or not. Do i need to put on there a timing of how long they have to respond to me. ?

Thanks

Comment

If you issued CPR31.14 - then do not remind them of their obligation- use later to your advantage if they fail to supply, - court system rules not Lowells etc

always come here 1st for the peeps to advise your next move, no letter table tennis with lowells etc it shows you are frightened and they want
                                that ! do are the pits of society and a disgrace to the so called legal system!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X