• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON!!** Can I amend a poor defence ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I amend a poor defence ?

Originally posted by xxmoomooxx View Post
    CCA Request has been sent today, recorded + £1 statutory fee.
    ^ ^ ^ I've just seen this post dated 30th December where you sent a s.77-79 CCA Request for the first time.

So what have you've argued in your Defence or included in your WS since these were both filed at court before you sent that CCA Request?

Nevertheless you have sent a CCA Request in the nick of time.

Stricktly speaking you can only argue in court what you've pleaded in your Defence.

Has the Claimant paid the hearing fee on time (or at all)?

Di

Comment

Thank you Di, I'm not holding out much hope, not even sure its worth taking the day off for

Comment

My defence was poor, I filed it same day I acknowledged claim as I didn't know what I was doing. Just said they had been hounding me for a debt for 5 years that they needed to prove was mine. I had sent pre-action protocol letter in Jan 2016 - then in August I received the court claim. They have provided the documents attached above.
        I filed my WS on time date directed by court. The WS claims that the evidence they have provided in contradictory, the statement, the court claim and the default notice all have different amounts on them. Never received a NOA. I did send a CPR1.14 request in September and they just supplied same docs again. As yet no reponse to the CCArequest.

Comment

I don't know if the fee has been paid, I can only assume it has. The court document states to phone after 3pm the day before the hearing to make sure its still on for the next day. Was intending to phone them wed pm.

Comment

I'm not holding out much hope, not even sure its worth taking the day off for
            Dont give up hope

They may not even turn up for the hearing due to the amount claimed and your WS which you says points out loads of indiscrepancies in the documents which they have disclosed.

Have you had any acknowledgement of your CCA Request which you sent to Lowells on 30th December? You've said no response but does that mean no acknowledgment too?

Call the court in the morning to see if they've paid the hearing fee. If not then the court may decide to strike out their claim if you ask them nicely.

Di

Comment

Thank you No acknowledgement as yet, but they signed for it on the 31st. Ok I will call court tomorrow and see if its going ahead. Thanks Moo

Comment

No acknowledgement as yet, but they signed for it on the 31st. Ok I will call court tomorrow and see if its going ahead.
                What you need to check is whether the hearing fee has been paid. The hearing won't have been vacated unless the Claimant has discontinued and told the court they don't need the slot. I doubt that's happened or you would have heard about it. Although there's still time

Then you need to make a list of the things you want to tell the DJ when you get there.

Start with any documents that they may have failed to disclose which are necessary to prove their case.

Then make a list of any documents which they have disclosed which are questionable and full of discrepancies so cannot be relied on to prove their case.

You will need to make the point that it matters because you have served them with a s.78-79 CCA Request which they have not (in your view) complied with. You'll be introducing a new legal argument but fingers crossed the DJ will listen to your argument because you are a LIP.

I'm sure you'll get more help and support from the Beagles before Thursday's hearing.

Di

Comment

Thank you Di, I will start on the lists this evening.

Comment

Thank you Di, I will start on the lists this evening.
                    Good plan

Half the battle is how you present things in court.

I was only raising points that the other side might raise so you can anticipate your response to them in advance.

Good luck with your battle plan

Di

Comment

Hi,

Can I just ask as Lowell solicitors have lapsed on the FCA register can they still represent Lowell portfolio in court ?

Thanks
                      moo

Comment

Hi,

Can I just ask as Lowell solicitors have lapsed on the FCA register can they still represent Lowell portfolio in court ?

Thanks
                        moo
                        I think I remember there being a previous " Lowell Solicitors " which was dormant for a considerable period it could be that entity that shows permissions have lapsed.

Also as Lowell Solicitors is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lowell's FCA registered entity it will be covered by that licence as an " authorised representative.

nem

Comment

try the SRA

Comment

Law firm search

Search for information about SRA-regulated law firms in England and Wales.
                            Name searchID search
                            Enter afirm SRA ID

Found 1 results for 622605

Name
                            SRA ID

LOWELL SOLICITORS LIMITED
                            Leeds

Comment

Thanks Nem, Mike

I would imagine that a Local solicitor will come to court anyway rather than them.

Thanks
                              Moo

Comment

Thanks Nem, Mike

I would imagine that a Local solicitor will come to court anyway rather than them.

Thanks
                                Moo
                                Their listed solicitor is the infamous Ms Sara de Tute I doubt she would turn out!

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X