• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on civil recovery solutions notice letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice on civil recovery solutions notice letter

Civil recovery solutions wrote to you on xxx regarding incidents of refund fraud.

We wrote to you setting out the basis of a civil claim that our client may pursue against you to recover compensation for loss and consequential damages and asked you to respond urgently to confirm whether you intended to settle or dispute the matter prior to any action being taken. We have not received a written response from you and therefore we understand that you do not intend to deny liability.

Unfortunatley if you do not contact us to discuss this case our client will have no option but to consider issuing proceedings. Where court proceedings are issued our client may seek to recover from you court Fees and added interest in addition to the value of the claim above. Please note that the court will consider any failure to respond to correspondence when making orders for such costs and interest.

We would like to help you resolve this civil claim as easily as possible. Payment can be made via several methods, please see reverse for details.

We would like to remind you that our clients without prejudice offer for early settlement is due to expire on xxx. After this date our client will withdraw their offer. Any settlement reached will then be on the full value of the claim. We would therefore urge you to contact us to discuss settlement.

If you are experiencing financial difficulties you should contact us immediately to discuss the possibility of paying by regular instalments. You can contact our experienced claims advisers during normal working hours.

We look forward from hearing from you in the early course.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to sure what to do now they are saying they will recover court fees and added interest on top from me?

Comment

I would take this as another scare letter. The next one will be in Big Red Letters.
      Even if it went to court it would be small claims court where costs are limited and you would then have a chance to refute their exaggerated claims of loss. Indeed you would complain about adding their normal costs of business into the claim. It's just designed to scare you. For the company to take you to court the cost to them would be in the £1,000 s , which they could not claim off you, so I don't think they would try.

Have a look at the RLP Oxford case. RLP are a similar operation to CRS. The LB thread is here and it contains a link to the transcript. Basically RLP got trounced.

Comment

Hi there,

can someone read my post and reply to it advising me on what to do please.

Comment

Default Re: Civil Recovery Solutions/// Paddy Power
          Update:: latest letter- letter before referral. Outlining that they can't assist me if I ignore their correspondence and how a county court judgement against me may affect my credit rating.
          Should I be scared??
          Multi-Quote This Message

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X