• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

***WON WON WON*** - Parking Control Management at Heath Parade - NW9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP - Parking Control Management at Heath Parade - NW9

It is always best to have keeper liability as another weapon. If you don't because you gave it away then it's best not to look fishy. The lack of contract 1. because the signs were not clear or legible 2. because there is no offer, consideration and acceptance, are far stronger avenues to attack this from.

M1

Comment

Great, that's good. So I'll stick to the contract defence for now. Thanks so much!

Comment

Okay, so sent my defence and I've received the Directions Questionnaire - I say no to mediation, right?
        Do I go straight to C1 in the form (small claims track is the appropriate track for this case)?

Thanks!
        S

Comment

You can but i always say to tick yes. Pretty seldom works in these cases but if you don't a judge can be a little irked and you don't want that. The judges do not know why mediation fails.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...l-Claims-Track

M1

Comment

Hi all,

So I've sent my DQ but I've only just received Gladstone's request for special directions for the case to be heard on papers only. How do I reject this? Can I call the court? Deadline was this Tuesday coming and I'm afraid a letter won't get to them in time...

S

Comment

You could email the court

Comment

Okay great, I'll do that tomorrow!

Comment

Hi again!

I was away on for work for a while so came back last night to find a letter stipulating the following:

IT IS ORDERED THAT
                  Case is transferred to County Court Clerkenwell & Shoreditch
                  The Gee Street Courthouse
                  29-41 Gee Street
                  London
                  WC1V 3RE

This order has been made by the court of it's own motion under the case management powers set out in Part 3 of the Civil Procedure Rules 1998. Any party affected by the order may apply under rule 3.3 (5) to have it set aside, varied or stayed provided that any such application is made to the court no more than seven days after the date on which this order was served on that party

The date was 15th February so I have until tomorrow

What I want to understand is:
                  what "set aside, varied or stayed" means, and which I would want
                  What the transfer means for me (before it was at Barnet)
                  Why you reckon it got transferred in the first place
                  Why I haven't received a court date yet

Do let me know, as I believe by their timings I have until tomorrow to respond

Thanks so much!

S
                  Attached Files

Comment

If that is your local court there isn't anything to do.

Stay = put on hold.

Set aside = go back to where the process was before this order was made.

Varied = varied.

What the transfer means for me (before it was at Barnet)
                    You'd need to adjust your sat nav.

Why you reckon it got transferred in the first place
                    Why I haven't received a court date yet
                    Barnet are too busy, or in chaos ?

M1

Comment

Hey M1

Thanks for replying.
                      I think you're right - I read somewhere that they are transferring cases. I called up and they said Barnet aren't handling these any more.

Means a 40 minute journey as opposed to a 10 minute one. Not ideal, but nothing much to be done I suppose.

Guess I'll continue to wait for a court date!

Thanks so much,
                      S

Comment

I have a court date! 31st May. I'll be gathering my evidence

In my defence, I state that the car had breaking issues so was out of my control not to, quote, 'stop'. I have a letter from the car manufacturer stating my car at the time was still due for its safety recall (letter is dated after the alleged offence). Having only been the owner of the car since March last year, it was news to me but made complete sense as to why the car was misbehaving. So anyway, I'm using that as evidence.

I also argue that no contract was formed as I was not given a reasonable grace period and poor signage. I imagine a photo of the signage at the level of the car is appropriate as evidence?

Is there any obvious thing I am missing?

Thanks for all your help by the way, really nice to have people's support =)

Comment

Nothing immediately springs to mind.

I assume you've read this http://lbbspending.blogspot.co.uk/20...predatory.html and the latest cases on the Pranksters blog ?

M1

Comment

I have indeed! Very helpful the parking prankster... OK great, I'll do that then. I'll hold off sending anything in case something else springs to mind. Is it worth taking examples of things like the blog posts to describe the predatory tactics I wrote about in my defence?

Comment

You'll need to send them in advance and they probably won't carry much weight, although they may plant a seed in a judges mind.

M!

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                                You'll need to send them in advance and they probably won't carry much weight, although they may plant a seed in a judges mind.

M!
                                Thanks M1, definitely will do

Question: in a separate case I'm in (about the SAME spot, around the same time), I had a deadline to submit the directions questionnaire by 3rd March. I called today because I hadn't heard anything since then. I confirmed with the woman at Barnet county court that they were still waiting for the claimant to file their directions questionnaire!

Is this grounds for anything? Surely, they've broken court procedure?

I'd love to know! I'm drafting an email now - do you think it's worth writing anything to the court as well?

Many thanks,
                                S

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X