• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Link/MBNA - delay due to house move

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Link/MBNA - delay due to house move

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
    Did they?

Di
    Nope - the post just arrived and nothing!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    Well Done! bijim.

nem
    Thank you 😊

Comment

Shall I submit as is?

Comment

Update - I have submitted. I'm worried in case I can't get it done later.

Thank you all for your help, you've been fantastic, I'd have buried my head in the sand if it weren't for this site.

Comment

It looked fine to me, bijim.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Reply from Kearns today. No paperwork enclosed. Dated 9th January 2017.

We write further to your correspondence dates the 24/12/2016, received 03/01/2017.

In order to provide the documents requested we require time to acquire, compile papers and forward them to you.

We confirm that your letter has crossed with a request that has been filed at Court for a Judgment to be entered in default of you filing a defence to the claim.

We are however instructed to stay enforcement of the Judgment, should it have been approved, pending you being provided with copies of the documents requested.

Following receipt of the documents you will be required to negotiate payment of the debt.

If you wish to discuss, blah blah.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=84678]bijim[/MENTION]

Give the court a ring to make sure your defence has been accepted & filed.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                Hi @bijim

Give the court a ring to make sure your defence has been accepted & filed.

It's on the moneyclaim page but should I double-check?

Comment

Originally posted by bijim View Post
                  It's on the moneyclaim page but should I double-check?
                  Lol!

I probably would, being paranoid!
                  However, if it shows on MCOL, it's probably cushty.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by bijim View Post
                    Reply from Kearns today. No paperwork enclosed. Dated 9th January 2017.

We write further to your correspondence dates the 24/12/2016, received 03/01/2017.

In order to provide the documents requested we require time to acquire, compile papers and forward them to you.

We confirm that your letter has crossed with a request that has been filed at Court for a Judgment to be entered in default of you filing a defence to the claim.

We are however instructed to stay enforcement of the Judgment, should it have been approved, pending you being provided with copies of the documents requested.

Following receipt of the documents you will be required to negotiate payment of the debt
                    Really? Required by whom may I ask?

You're not going to negotiate you're going to litigate

At least earlier in their letter they admit they haven't got the documents. Let's see what they come up with once they've tried to "acquire, compile and forward" them to you.

I presume they're referring to your CPR 31.14 Request since Link has already told you they're not even going to deal with your s.78 CCA Request.

Hopefully this state of confusion (on their end) will carry on while you sit back until it's time to file your Defence.

Di

Comment

Thank you both - sorry I haven't been well to reply. I've had confirmation of my defence from the court and also an email from them today confirming that there is no judgment on this case. They are awaiting the other party's response.

Di - thank you, you made me see the lighter side of the obnoxious letters that Kearns like to send out! I'm surprised that both link and kearns are so unprofessional, without this forum I would presume that the judgement is a done deed and give up.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X