• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Capital One debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Capital One debt

Originally posted by Mitch2nd View Post
    With reference to Stepchanges advice saying I should . . .
    Is this the first time you've been in touch with Stepchange or have they helped you in the past such as providing a Debt Management Plan etc?

I'm just checking to see if a third party may have made a payment to Capital One on your behalf (as your agent) ?

Di

Comment

Oh no it was on Friday last week, I thought they may have had something useful to offer, but I was shocked by their suggestions, hiding stuff in our Attic etc, thats just not me, I am trying to sort it out

thanks
      Di

Comment

Oh no it was on Friday last week, I thought they may have had something useful to offer
        Then you can eliminate them from your enquiries when it comes to the phantom 2012 payment.

No need to send a SAR to Stepchange they will have nothing on their files.

Di

Comment

hi every one,
          have a look at marston baliff a read what i have put, and this is how they opperate misleading, bully tactics and intimidation, same as lowells underhand tactics.

Comment

Hi Diana,

This is still on going.

Both Capital One and CapQuest claim I made payments in 2012 and 2014, however when I asked them for details of where these payments came from they say they no longer hold such records and are not legally obliged too, which seems stupid as they could just say anything or it could be a mistake.

I have checked my bank statements and no payments were made to either company and they were not made on my behalf by any other company.

On the strength that I can go to court with my bank statements and prove no payments came from me and therefore its Statute Barred and I have filled a N244 which the court confirmed they processed on 10/4/17, however I have heard nothing since, how long do they have to reply to this N244?

Thanks

Comment

Hi anyone, it appears that I have lost my contact on here, does anyone know how long they have to response to the N244 that I have filed please?

Comment

contact the court office after all this time and enquire the N244

Comment

Yes thanks I of course can do this, but I was looking for advice on time scales of how long they had to reply as I cant find this online

Comment

Originally posted by Jennifer_18 View Post
                    Hiya , New to this but I would like some help.

On the 3rd of may I had a county court claim form for a sum of 4,500 from drydens solicitors on behalf of capquest.

On the 14th of may I defended the whole claim. Within a couple of days I had a letter saying they acknowledge receipt of my defence. A copy is being served to the claimant. They may contact me to resolve any dispute. If they can't they have 28 days after receiving my defence but if the period is elapsed the claim will be stayed.

What should I do now??? Please help. I'm sick with worry!!

Sorry to jump on this post but can someone help me on mine please

Comment

Originally posted by Jennifer_18 View Post

Sorry to jump on this post but can someone help me on mine please
                      sit tight until 28 days as stated, if no correspondence leave it a couple of days then ring the court and ask for update of case, is stayed means it sits there until/if the claimant wishes to continue and pay a fee/

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply. Very appreciated

Comment

Yes thanks I of course can do this, but I was looking for advice on time scales of how long they had to reply as I cant find this online
                          The court sets/imposes time scales.
                          It's best to check with from time to time.....keep your finger on the pulse.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

was this case successful?

Comment

[MENTION=102254]Jennifer_18[/MENTION]

I'm guessing it might have been stayed and nothing further has been heard .... hopefully Jennifer will pop back on and update us though.

Or are you asking about [MENTION=95913]Mitch2nd[/MENTION] 's case ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                @Jennifer_18

I'm guessing it might have been stayed and nothing further has been heard .... hopefully Jennifer will pop back on and update us though.

Or are you asking about @Mitch2nd 's case ?
                                i guess both really...i'm doing a fair bit of reading of cases here...knowledge is power!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X