Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Miss Evans

  • Share
  • Thread Tools
  • Display
  1. #1
    Naomievans4's Avatar

    Junior Member

    Dec 2016
    0 Post(s)

    Default Miss Evans

    Lived with ex partner for 21years, have a 16yr old son, ex stopped paying mortgage on house that was in his name only but we all lived there, including my older daughter from a previous relationship, he made £91,000 from sale of house, my children and I have been left with nothing, my son and I are still living in temporary accommodation as the council have not yet rehoused us, am I legally entitled to claim any of the money from the sale of the house??

  2. #2
    Captain Haddock's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Jan 2012
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Miss Evans

    Not from the sale of the house as it was in your ex's name but I'm pretty sure you have some recourse if you contributed to the running and upkeep of the abode for all that time. Someone with more knowledge will be along soon to help.

  3. #3
    Peridot's Avatar

    Legal Admin

    May 2016
    161 Post(s)

    Default Re: Miss Evans

    Hi Naomievans4,
    You may have a claim under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act (TOLATA) if you are able to show that you contributed financially or in monies worth and had relied on an indication from your ex that you would be entitled to a share of the property. This can be quite complicated so I would advise that you obtain some advice. Have a look around for a local solicitor who offers a free initial advice or reduced fee for the first meeting. Take any evidence that you have indicating that you contributed financially eg bank statements confirming that you paid the mortgage or bills. Did you pay for any work at the property or carry out work yourself. All these sorts of acts are relevant so jot any thoughts you have down and take them with you to see the solicitor.
    I am a qualified solicitor employed by the LegalBeagles forum to provide guidance on a wide range of legal queries. I am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

    Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

    If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 54
    : 22nd November 2014, 13:05:PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Contact Us

© Celame (UK) Ltd 2017
LegalBeagles® are DPA Registered No. ZA158014
LegalBeagles® is the trading name of CELAME (UK) LIMITED ( 09220332 )
Registered Address: 25 Moorgate, London, England, EC2R 6AY
VAT registration number 206 9740 02
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.3 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Celame (UK) Ltd Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

To find out more about managing your money and getting free advice, visit the Money Advice Service,an independent service set up to help people manage their money.