Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arrow / restons northamton county court claim

• Display

Mentions
    15 Post(s)

Default Re: Arrow / restons northamton county court claim

Well your going to have to wait for the outcome hope you win it.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Well Diana. Looks like I'm going to lose this battle. Just had a email from Payplan saying that restons won't allow a Tomlin order as I don't work in the financial sector and the amount I'm offering isn't enough. You can pay what you don't have !

Still haven't received any annual financial statement from them and I'm at a loss as what to do.

Do I just roll over and let them ccj me ?

Just want to say thanks for your time in this matter
    Carl

Authorised Representative

Mentions
    899 Post(s)

The best way for me to reply to your latest post is to re-quote my post # 33 since nothing has changed

Quote Originally Posted by Diana M View Post
    The claim is currently stayed so you don't have to do anything.

If the Claimant wants to revive it and continue with these proceedings then they'll have to make an application to the court to lift the stay.

It seems their preferred option is to scare you into withdrawing your Defence so that you'll get a CCJ and then they can go for a charging order on your home if you own it.

That's not a very attractive option!

You say Arrow has now sent you a signed credit agreement, but does it have all the prescribed terms and the Ts & Cs that should have been present when you signed it?

Sending you a piece of paper doesn't necessarily mean they've complied with all the statutory stuff.

What about the Default Notice? I assume you asked for that in your CPR 31.14 Request.

If they do continue with these proceedings the court will send you a Directions Questionnaire where you'll be given the option to tick the box for free telephone Mediation if that is appropriate and you want to settle.

Don't let that horrid letter spoil your weekend
    I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit.

This forumís site rules donít allow me to give advice by PM but if you need to contact me please email [email protected]. Our initial advice is always free.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Authorised Representative

Mentions
    899 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carlos09 View Post
    This is the letter

Dear Sir,

Re: Arrow Global Guernsey Limited v. Yourself
    Claim Number..............
    Original Creditor and Product Type: MBNA - Credit Card

. . . Your Defence to these proceedings was that you were not in receipt of the Credit Agreement.
    Is the Claimant named as Arrow Global (Guernsey) Ltd on the claim form?

That may cause them a problem if it is.

I've not seen your Defence but their email implies that you only pleaded non compliance with your s.78 Request. Did you also raise the issue of a Default Notice and/or anything else?

Di
    I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit.

This forumís site rules donít allow me to give advice by PM but if you need to contact me please email [email protected]. Our initial advice is always free.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Mentions
    15 Post(s)

I would get an subject acess request and look into the whole amount, and look into the whole information. Not get a ccj as it is on your credit for 6 years.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana M View Post
    Is the Claimant named as Arrow Global (Guernsey) Ltd on the claim form?
    Yes it is
    That may cause them a problem if it is.
    Why ?
    I've not seen your Defence but their email implies that you only pleaded non compliance with your s.78 Request. Did you also raise the issue of a Default Notice and/or anything else?
    At the time I asked for a copy of my cca and cpr however restons said that I didn't need that information. I have ask about not having my annual statement but still haven't heard anything on that
    Di
    Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I answered the questions in you last msg. Maybe should of done it in a separate colour

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi Diana

I just read that last post by me and it doesn't sound right
    What I meant to say was I copied your last post and placed my answers to your questions in there.

Can't under stand the bit about there name though. What have they done wrong

Carl

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi di. Could you clarify why they could be a issue with arrow having the name on the court papers

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123