• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow / restons northamton county court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow / restons northamton county court claim

Hey guys
    Received court papers the other day for a arrow global account with was originally mbna.

I keep reading that the creditor should of defaulted me before heading to court is this right ?
    Also spoke to restons asking them to stop the judgement and let me continue making payments to them and they said they can't stop it and I just have to go through the courts.

Court papers were white not blue

Any ideas guys ?

Carl
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow / restons northamton county court claim

First Steps ||

- - - Updated - - -

| CCA Request || CPR 31.14 Request |

Comment

Done the first steps I wanted any answers to my questions

Comment

Please inform us at time what you have done or not done = then time will not be wasted, sure others will respond soon! good luck

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          Please inform us at time what you have done or not done = then time will not be wasted, sure others will respond soon! good luck
          I have filled in the forms for the county court although when I tried to go on yesterday it kept saying password incorrect.

Have send arrow a cca request and sent restons a cpr

Comment

Claim responses & directions: ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

Comment

Originally posted by carlos09 View Post
              Received court papers the other day for a arrow global account with was originally mbna.

I keep reading that the creditor should of defaulted me before heading to court is this right ?
              Also spoke to restons asking them to stop the judgement and let me continue making payments to them and they said they can't stop it and I just have to go through the courts.

Court papers were white not blue
              The court summons can be white as well as blue. You say you've spoken to Restons who won't discontinue the claim which doesn't sound as if you've been sent a fake summons.

Sometimes passwords don't work due to a database glitch at Northampton. Ring the court to check if there's a temporary problem. The important thing is you must file your Acknowledgment of Service within 19 days of the claim Issue Date - what was that date?

This was a MBNA credit card according to you. When did you open the account and how much is being claimed by Arrow?

When was your last payment to MBNA or Arrow or any DCA acting as their agent?

I advise you to send a Subject Access Request to MBNA immediately so you get the full history of this account. That way you'll know whether a Default Notice was issued or not by scrutinizing the Transaction Log.

Di

Comment

I have filled in the forms for the county court although when I tried to go on yesterday it kept saying password incorrect.
                Do you mean you have already filed your AOS online before the password blip?

Your Defence deadline is 33 days from the claim Issue Date. Don't do it too early because you will need to reflect what (if any) response you get from your CCA Request to Arrow and your CPR 31.14 Request to Restons.

Di

Comment

I wanted any answers to my questions
                  And now I want you to answer my questions

Di

Comment

i am uploaded my court papers

we are with payplan i missed a few payment as the wife lost her job and had problems with tax credits being stopped
                    all good now though

we have been making good payments from 2011 and this is the first time we have messed up but restons wasnt very helpful

- - - Updated - - -

can arrow take me to court without defaulting me ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

yes filled it in before password issue

Comment

can arrow take me to court without defaulting me ?
                        It's MBNA which should have defaulted you before terminating your agreement and selling the debt to Arrow. You can only be defaulted once because you can only breach your agreement once unless you remedy any breach within the timescale given in the DN.

How annoying that Arrow should have issued proceedings when they knew you were in a DMP albeit struggling to keep up with the agreed payments. Did Payplan not try to renegotiate the plan to prevent this situation?

Di

Comment

im part to blame because i wasnt very good at dealing with payplan in that timescale..reston sent me a letter to say that they would be starting legal procedings if i didnt start paying, so i rang them and they give me 30 days grace and i never heard from them again....spoke to payplan to sort out dd and they had to send forms back so filled in to get started again and then i got the letter

Comment

Oh well, everything happens for a reason. Maybe Arrow won't win this claim so you won't have to pay them anything. Think positive

So how old is this MBNA credit card account? When did you open it?

How much is being claimed?

Di

Comment

opened it in 2005 so 11 yrs old

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X