• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

do I still need to attend a repossession hearing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do I still need to attend a repossession hearing?

My mortgage company are taking me to court for repossession. Prior to the date, which is 20th Dec at noon, I have paid the arrears and made one direct debit payment to the mortgage. I have heard from the other side's solicitor that she has requested an adjournment. Do I have to be at court on 20th then or not? I've had nothing further from the court.
    I will be representing myself as I do not have the funds to pay a solicitor.
    Tags: None

Re: do I still need to attend a repossession hearing?

Originally posted by dozydate View Post
    My mortgage company are taking me to court for repossession. Prior to the date, which is 20th Dec at noon, I have paid the arrears and made one direct debit payment to the mortgage. I have heard from the other side's solicitor that she has requested an adjournment. Do I have to be at court on 20th then or not? I've had nothing further from the court.
    I will be representing myself as I do not have the funds to pay a solicitor.
    The hearing is today.

Yes go to the court and ask the DJ to dismiss the application for possession since the arrears have been paid. Take with you any evidence of payment.

When you arrive at the court ask to speak to the Duty Solicitor. Most county courts have one available and you won't have to pay for their help.

I do hope I'm not too late posting this.

If the Claimant/Lender does get an adjournment of the hearing that won't stop you making an application to have their claim struck out since the arrears have been paid. You may be entitled to fee remission for that application if you are on benefits or low income.

Fingers crossed for you today

Di

Comment

Interested how this turned out?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Haddock View Post
        Interested how this turned out?
        Me too

Leaving a possession claim parked at court (adjourned indefinitely just in case they might need it in future) when there are no arrears is not nice!

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X