• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice about Social Services.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice about Social Services.

Hi all, I'm new here and looking for some advice.

Basically my daughter is on the Child protection register {not because of me} other than the contact side of things.
    There is a Contact order, issued in 2010 that gives me the Father overnight contact with daughter every 2 weeks and throughout School holidays.
    My issue is that I have been refused contact with daughter since December last year because my EX has refused and/or made up excuses to prevent contact, there has even been times where I traveled {expensive} to Aylesbury {where she lives} from Torquay {where I live} over 250 miles for contact and then refused {which I also want to claim for my money back}
    The Social worker involved with my daughter advised my EX that contact isn't in my daughters best interest which is the main reason my EX has refused as well as my EX constantly lying to Social services saying that the reason I have no had contact is because I can't be bothered and/or can't afford to get there, which is completely false.
    Just want to know, can the Social advise my EX to refuse contact knowing that there is a Contact order in place which she is basically telling my EX to breach the order?
    Also I read the CP REPORT and everything bad in the report about contact is false with loads of false accusations made by my EX with no proof etc
    Can the Social services write negative/Defamation things with out any form of Contact from the Social to myself or can I sue them?

Another thing there are things written on the CP report that involved my EX threatening to beat daughter up and things to do with my daughter in general which happened years ago that I only found out the other day am I wrong in thinking that the Social worker should of informed me about anything regarding my daughters welfare?

Hope this is understandable as there is so much going on and I didn't know where to start.
    I'm also going to apply for an Enforcement order and Claims order from EX
    Tags: None

Re: Advice about Social Services.

Dear Blazedup23,

I have just seen your message and can understand this is a very difficult situation for you.

I am not sure how old your daughter is or whether you have parental responsibility for her however I will try to give you some pointers.

If you do have parental responsibility (PR) then I would expect social services to be involving you in the conference process, you seem to have access to documents and so I am presuming social services are in touch with you. They should be speaking to you directly if you have PR, if there are factual inaccuracies I would expect the social worker to want to clear these up. Sometimes there are differences of interpretation and these can be harder to deal with.

You have an older type of contact order however this can still be enforced via court proceedings and by issuing proceedings you may discover more information. Issuing proceedings is also the only way you can attempt to force your daughter's mother to justify or retract her allegations.

It might be worth taking legal advice and you may find that legal aid is available for this.

kind regards

FionaC
    I work for Howlett Clarke Solicitors . Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X