• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Flowers Way Luton - Smart Parking PCN - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowers Way Luton - Smart Parking PCN - won

I've received a PCN for Flowers Way car park in Luton and have looked through the forums for advice. As it was late in the day and getting dark we didn't realise it was pay and display (coins only, going off other threads). We were in the car park just over 20minutes before leaving.

Thus far I've written the below appear to SMART parking and expect to receive a POPLA code next:
    "Dear Sirs,
    I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver initially entered but was unable to source coins so left having not entered into a contract.

I note that the notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 paragraph 9.

Should you reject my appeal, please supply a popla code."

I'm confident popla will accept an appeal looking at other posts but any further advice would be most appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Flowers Way Luton - Smart Parking PCN

Not much to add unless/until you get the popla code. Luckily Smart are terrible at popla.

M1

Comment

Thank you for your reply mystery1.

I submitted my appeal online to smart parking on the 19th December. I've still yet to hear anything - is this time delay normal? Do they have a maximum time to get in contact before the PCN is declared void?

Comment

They should get back to you within 35 days but it won't be void if they don't.

I'd chase them by email although they may have been closed or on skeleton staff over the holidays.

M1

Comment

I did as suggested above and received the following email back:

"Thank you for your recent communication.

We can confirm the Parking Charge Notice has been cancelled on this occasion."

Looks like they didn't fancy coughing up for the POPLA code. Thanks for your help mystery1!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X