• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial Vs TommyWal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot Financial Vs TommyWal

got myself BT call guard answer machine end of these silly calls as are blocked

Comment

Originally posted by TommyWal View Post
      Hi, could anyone tell me whether I should answer phone calls from Cabots solictors (mortimer clarke) or should I just I continue to communicate by post?

I am worried that they are going to harrass me and try to get me to pay money out.
      For your own safety keep everything I writing Mortimer Clarke is not there to help you it is owned by Cabot.

nem

Comment

Thanks nem. I will await their reply to my CPR and also the CCA from Cabot. Thank you guys!

Comment

tell me whether I should answer phone calls from Cabots solictors (mortimer clarke) or should I just I continue to communicate by post?

I am worried that they are going to harrass me and try to get me to pay money out.
          They may be ringing you about the other debt they have of yours.

As has been said, everything in writing - they'll soon tire of ringing. Cabot use autodial so they won't know whether you're ignoring them or out Christmas shopping

Have you sent the SAR to Capital One?

Di

Comment

Hi all. Update. Received a letter dated 23/12/2016 from Mortimer Clarke.

"We acknowledge your request for documents pursuant to Section 78 of the Con sumer Credit Act 1974 and CPR 31.14.

For the avoidance of doubt, this firm acts on its client's instructions. This firm does not hold the documentation you have requested. We have asked our client to provide them and will come back to you as soon as we can.

I'm the meantime, the matter has placed on hold and no further action will be taken."

So I wait and see what they say!

Comment

Hi all. Update. Received a letter dated 23/12/2016 from Mortimer Clarke.

"We acknowledge your request for documents pursuant to Section 78 of the Con sumer Credit Act 1974 and CPR 31.14.

For the avoidance of doubt, this firm acts on its client's instructions. This firm does not hold the documentation you have requested. We have asked our client to provide them and will come back to you as soon as we can.

I'm the meantime, the matter has placed on hold and no further action will be taken."

So I wait and see what they say!
              Hi Tommy,

The " on hold" From Mortimer Clarke means nothing in terms of the court process so take care.

nem

Comment

Your defence needs to be filed at court by 14th Jan.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

What should be in a defence? I doubt that I will receive any of the documents from Capital One by then.

Comment

What should be in a defence? I doubt that I will receive any of the documents from Capital One by then.
                    'No documents' defence example for you to tweak.
                    http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...t-Court-Claims
                    This relates to the CCA & CPR requests.
                    The DSAR from Cap1 does not figure in your actual defence, so don't worry about not receiving that info atm.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks charitynjw. I shall await delivery of the CCA before using theither template.
                      Thanks again

Comment

Hi. So today I received the CCA from Capital One. It does have my name on but no signature. The covering letter states "our records show that you applied for and signed your credit agreement online"

"I enclose a copy of your original agreement with Capital One. Please not this sets out your name and address at the time you entered into your agreement with Capital One on 8th Apr 2014. I also enclose a a copy of your defaulted agreement; and at the end of the letter, set out a statement of account as required under S78"

"Prior to signature you were provided with a full copy of the terms of your original agreement to keep and we're sent a further copy of your original agreement with your first credit card"

"As we have complied with our obligations under S78, we will not be entering into any further correspondence regarding the provision of copy agreements. Your agreement is enforceable and we will continue to treat it as such"

How do I and should I proceed with defence?
                        Thanks.
                        Tommy

Comment

Hi. So today I received the CCA from Capital One. It does have my name on but no signature. The covering letter states "our records show that you applied for and signed your credit agreement online"

"I enclose a copy of your original agreement with Capital One. Please not this sets out your name and address at the time you entered into your agreement with Capital One on 8th Apr 2014. I also enclose a a copy of your defaulted agreement; and at the end of the letter, set out a statement of account as required under S78"

"Prior to signature you were provided with a full copy of the terms of your original agreement to keep and we're sent a further copy of your original agreement with your first credit card"

"As we have complied with our obligations under S78, we will not be entering into any further correspondence regarding the provision of copy agreements. Your agreement is enforceable and we will continue to treat it as such"

How do I and should I proceed with defence?
                          Thanks.
                          Tommy

Comment

Hi TommyWal

Reply to CCA request from whom?
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

From the original creditor

- - - Updated - - -

Capital One

Comment

Thanks nem. I will await their reply to my CPR and also the CCA from Cabot. Thank you guys!
                                Your post #19
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X