• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement (PCN) from Civil Enforcement Ltd - AM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Enforcement (PCN) from Civil Enforcement Ltd - AM

Hi

I have received a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) from CEL. The notice is for "Payment not made in accordance with terms displayed on signage".

We parked at Wycombe Rye Lido, High Wycombe.
    Incidient Date 20/10/2016
    PCN issue date: 22/11/2016
    Ammount due £100 reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days.

We know we bought a ticket for the time period required. I believe when we bought the ticket the number plate entered could have been a digit out BN09 instead of BK09. We assume this is their grounds for breach of contract.

We appealled the charge to Civil Enforcement Ltd with this information. They have responded with a "Response to Representation" letter and state the appeal has been unsuccessful. We are sure they have the information which shows a ticket was bought, but having read all the reviews on line I now realise they are far from reputable and applying common sense wont help.

I've been reading this excellent forum, but I can't find a match to my circumstances. I would be grateful if someone can advise what action to take next.

Thanks Margan
    Tags: None

Re: Civil Enforcement (PCN) from Civil Enforcement Ltd - AM

Did you get a popla code ?

Can i see the ticket, appeal ( both sanitised) & signs ?

M1

Comment

If the Notice to keeper was issued on 22/11/2016 and the incident occurred on 20/10/2016 aren't CEL left with pursuing the driver only?
      Hope the appeal didn't name driver>

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        Did you get a popla code ?

Can i see the ticket, appeal ( both sanitised) & signs ?

M1
        The popla code is xxx. My appeal letter. Please note I was not the driver, but I am the registered keeper.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have received a Parking Charge Notice from your company informing me that I am liable to pay a charge of £60 or £100 due to the driver of my car, a Ford C-Max* Reg xxx, ‘either not purchasing the appropriate parking time or not purchasing a ticket. The car was parked at WYCOMBE RYE LIDO, BASSETSBURY LANE, HIGH WYCOMBE

I can confirm that the driver did purchase and display correctly a ticket. The car left the car park before the expiry time.

The wrong registration number was entered into the machine and due to difficult circumstances the driver was unable to correct this. The driver displayed the ticket clearly on the dashboard. The ticket machine was vandalised in the car park and the driver had to go in the WYCOMBE RYE Lido leisure centre to get the parking ticket. The driver might entered xNxxXXX or xDxxXXX registration number.

If you require further information please contact me via email or letter.

Kind regards:

Comment

I cant upload the pic of the PCN or the Response letter.

Comment

On this forum can you only upload an image using a URL.
            Can't I load a file from my desktop?
            #Confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Margan View Post
              On this forum can you only upload an image using a URL.
              Can't I load a file from my desktop?
              #Confused.
              http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...r-details-safe!)

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Margan View Post
                I cant upload the pic of the PCN or the Response letter.
                Uploading CEL PCN and appeal response letter
                Attached Files

Comment

Edit to suit and follow the instruction http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html to upload to popla.

marganpopla.rtf

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                    Edit to suit and follow the instruction http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html to upload to popla.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27061[/ATTACH]

M1
                    Hi M1

Thank you for the help. I am confused re the word doc, which I use for the POPLA appeal. Am I appealing against I was not the driver or that we had a ticket, but the Reg was wrong or do I send the whole letter in regardless. My main evidence is the CCTV shows a woman driving. I am not a woman? Or CEL know that a ticket was purchased under a similar reg, although they wont confirm this.

#sorry I am a bit slow and confused.

Comment

If you are the registered keeper (male) and the driver is female, the appeal i wrote wins, as it says they have failed to follow the statutory rules to hold you, as registered keeper, liable.

For incorrect registrations where non fault on the part of the driver i usually add something like

1. No Breach of the terms and conditions.

The driver entered the registration as required. The driver had noother control over the machine which dispensed the ticket.

DJ Burrow in Excel v Mrs S @ Oldham county court claim numberC8DP11F9 stated

“It would have been unreasonable to expect the defendant to doanything
                      further beyond that as far as I am concerned. The registration numberis not accurately
                      reflected but that is through no fault on the part of the defendantand I find on the
                      balance of probabilities that the defendant had inputted the correctregistration number
                      and she had then displayed the ticket that was issued and so to allintents and purposes
                      had fully complied with the terms and conditions applicable to thiscar park.
                      Accordingly, I am going to dismiss the claim.”

M1

Comment

Hi Margan
                        Could you tell me how you got on with your POPLA appeal? My partner has just received a PCN from Civil Enforcement for parking at that car park and it sounds very much like your situation. She paid but must have entered the wrong registration.
                        If you appealed did you send all of the template that M1 provided plus the additional bit in his subsequent post?
                        We really dont want to pay but at the same time do not want the threats coming at us for the next months/years!
                        Thanks
                        Tiger58

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X