• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court papers MBNA /ME III ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County Court papers MBNA /ME III ltd

Originally posted by EmmaS View Post
    I dont believe I had PPI on this card as Ive always been self employed and so have never knowingly taken it out
    Quite a lot of MBNA account holders never "knowingly" took out PPI but somehow it mysteriously appeared on their subsequent statements.

The SAR will reveal all

Di

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      ME III are part of the Cabot Group.
      Cabot Group seem to growing day by day.
      Will we get a lexicon of Cabot on LB anytime soon!

Comment

today I received the following letter from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

" Thank you for your recent correspondence dated 16/12/16

We confirm we have passed on your correspondence to our client and they will be in contact in due course.

We confirm the matter is on hold until further notice

Yours faithfully

Mortimer Clarke"

I was going to write and ask what I tell the court while waiting for them to send me the info - does 'on hold' mean they have withdrawn the case, or are they saying that as a ruse to stop me submitting anything.

I think in order to get in for the 28 days I need to send something by next Friday - is it worth doing that anyway, to get the matter sorted and dealt with?

Comment

ignore their on hold a Ruse, follow court timetable all the time, tell the court nothing at this stage it is up to them to supply and they know it (speculative claim comes to mind) hoping you trip up and they get a CCJ by default (Yours)

do not write to them they know this and it would show you know nothing about procedures,

Comment

Thank you - it was what I thought as expect them to be sneaky.

so I doubt I will have anything from them by the 6th - what line do I take in writing to the court?

Comment

[MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

Comment

so I doubt I will have anything from them by the 6th - what line do I take in writing to the court?
                You need to wait until your Defence is imminent before that question can be answered.

You have 33 days from the claim a Issue Date to file it. Anything can happen in that time.

Have you sent a SAR to MBNA?

Di

Comment

Claimant - ME III Limited, 16-22 Grafteon Road, Worthing, West Sussex
                  address for sending documents and payments - Mortimer Clarke Solicitors Ltd, same address

particulars of Claim - By an agreement between the MBNA and the Defendant on or around 22/09/2005 ('the Agreement') MBNA agreed to issue the Defendant with a credit card. The Defendant failed to make the minimum payments due and the Agreement was terminated. The Agreement was assigned to the Claimant. THE CLAIMANT THEREFORE CLAIMS 5946.09

- - - Updated - - -

I dont believe I had PPI on this card as Ive always been self employed and so have never knowingly taken it out
                  What is the date of issue?? on the form N1

Comment

Yes ive requested the SAR from MBNA

The date of issue on the court papers is the 12 December

Comment

Defence in by 4 p.m. 14th January 2017

Comment

Just had letter from MBNA asking for £10 for SARS and to request info again. have sent a cheque, plus amended SARS letter (referring to their request and confirming cheque is only related to SARS request) Have written that info also onto back of cheque

Comment

I need to submit my defense to court by Friday (cut off date is actually Saturday, but guessing thats not a working day), and due to hospital appointments I think I probably need to send it recorded delivery by Thursday.
                          So far i have had the non response from the solicitors and a request to send money (which I have done) from MBNA

Is there a template letter here for submitting a response?

Comment

I need to submit my defense to court by Friday (cut off date is actually Saturday, but guessing thats not a working day), and due to hospital appointments I think I probably need to send it recorded delivery by Thursday.
                            So far i have had the non response from the solicitors and a request to send money (which I have done) from MBNA

Is there a template letter here for submitting a response?
                            If your Defence is due 14th January which is a Saturday then the deadline moves to 4pm the following Monday. It's never a good idea to file it too early in case there are developments in the meantime meaning you might need to amend your defence (at a cost).

Have you received nothing at all from Cabot in response to your CCA Request - not even an acknowledgement letter saying they will get the documents from the original creditor because they don't have them in their possession? A letter like that can help your Defence.

The SAR from MBNA is for your own information purposes only so not relevant to your Defence. It seems you didn't include the £10 fee with your SAR which has delayed things.

Di

Comment

Yes, Ive had that response. They also told me that the matter is on hold until further notice, but I dont believe them

Comment

the court rules not them, on hold hahaha

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X