• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received a court claim for non Cancellation of services.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Received a court claim for non Cancellation of services.

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
    Cheers Jo, its often overlooked by traders a bit like the 10A OFT statement in Default notices and a very dangerous thing to overlook
    Yes - in one of my case as you know LLoyds template default notices were found by the court for that period to be invalid

Comment

First of all I just want to thank everybody here for helping me like this, I truly appreciate all the time you have taken to help me, it means so much.

I have still not sent back the defence (I have until midnight) because I just wanted to post the final draft here for inspection :-D to get some feedback on it before I send it.

1) I, the Defendant deny that I am liable to the Claimant as alleged in the Particulars of Claim, each and every allegation in the Particulars of Claim is denied.

2) I, the Defendant admits to requesting in a telephone call in August 2016 that JG Pest Control (which I now understand is a trading name of the Claimant) to deal with a flea infestation problem.

3)The Claimant failed to comply with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 in that he did not supply confirmation of the contract on paper or in durable form.

4)The Claimant failed to supply the information referred to in Schedule 2 and Schedule 3 of the Act,and in particular information about the right to cancel.

5) I, The Defendant cancelled the booking for the chemical flea treatment in August 2016

6) I, The Defendant denies any Flea Chemical Treatment was ever undertaken by the Claimant at the premises as claimed.

7) It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the amounts claimed or any interest on such amounts.

Statement of Truth:

I believe that the facts stated in this defence are true.

Dated 15/January/2017..

My name.

Is that ok?

Comment

I'll leave it to others to comment!:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

If it were me I'd also include that para 19 in their own published T&C's (Discussed in earlier posts).
          & download or screenprint it for reference.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            If it were me I'd also include that para 19 in their own published T&C's (Discussed in earlier posts).
            & download or screenprint it for reference.
            But those T&Cs only apply to contracts entered into on their premises.
            See para 22," We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as aConsumer where we, the Supplier and you the Customer, enter the Contract at any of the Supplier'sbusiness premises,....."

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
              But those T&Cs only apply to contracts entered into on their premises.
              See para 22," We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as aConsumer where we, the Supplier and you the Customer, enter the Contract at any of the Supplier'sbusiness premises,....."
              Am I reading that para 22 properly?
              If the contract is not made in the business premises in the physical presence of both parties, the customer has to inform them?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                Am I reading that para 22 properly?
                If the contract is not made in the business premises in the physical presence of both parties, the customer has to inform them?
                To try and understand their T&Cs..... therein lies madness

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                  To try and understand their T&Cs..... therein lies madness
                  Lol!

I should be right at home there, then.
                  (They only allow me to use crayons in here)

:wacko:
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi Everyone.

I have been off here for a while. I filed my defence and about a week ago I received a "Notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track" it arrived along with a questionnaire "directions questionnaire (small claims track) " it says I must complete the questionnaire by february 3rd and file it with the court office. So I have foolishly not given myself much time here.

The first thing it mentions on the questionnaire is a settlement/mediation option, it asks whether or not I agree to it.

The other questions are "Do I agree that the small claims track is appropriate"

Which county court I would prefer the hearing to be at.

Am I asking the courts permision to use written evidence of an expert

how many witnesses including myself will give evidence on my behalf at the hearing

are there any days within the next 6 months when me, any experts, or witnesses will not be able to attend court.

I have absolutely no idea of what to do now, it's all a bit frightening to be honest. Should I opt for the mediation option perhaps?

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by OliviaBowie View Post
                      Hi Everyone.

I have been off here for a while. I filed my defence and about a week ago I received a "Notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track" it arrived along with a questionnaire "directions questionnaire (small claims track) " it says I must complete the questionnaire by february 3rd and file it with the court office. So I have foolishly not given myself much time here.

The first thing it mentions on the questionnaire is a settlement/mediation option, it asks whether or not I agree to it.YES

The other questions are "Do I agree that the small claims track is appropriate"YES

Which county court I would prefer the hearing to be at.Your nearest local CC which is; xxx

Am I asking the courts permision to use written evidence of an expert NO

how many witnesses including myself will give evidence on my behalf at the hearing one (yourself only I assume)

are there any days within the next 6 months when me, any experts, or witnesses will not be able to attend court. Unless you know there are certain dates when you will not be availableyour answer will be NO

I have absolutely no idea of what to do now, it's all a bit frightening to be honest. Should I opt for the mediation option perhaps?

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Yes, it is a hit daunting, the first time anyway!
                      Mediation will be offered and is carried out by telephone.
                      You will not speak to the other party, and if agreement is made the terms will be confirmed in writing and are enforceable

You might find this guide informative:
                      https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-cont...+web+FINAL.pdf

Comment

Des, that is fantastically helpful thank you.

I know it probably sounds ridiculous, but to me it is all so overwhelming and confusing. I am going to put it in the post tomorrow next day delivery.

And thank you for the link I will be reading through it this evening.

Comment

I posted it next day delivery, so they would have got it in time.

I suppose all i can do now is wait and see what happens.

Comment

Now to do until you receive the next set of papers, when of course you can come back here.
                            Because it is out of your normal experience, you will find it stressful as you don't quite know what to expect.
                            After it is over and you have won (must remain positive!) you'll realise it isn't too scary, and the greatest down is the amount of time spent on dealing with the matter!

Comment

Hi everyone

I am back. This has taken an unexpected turn.

Yesterday I receive a large envelope of paperwork from JG pest control. Included in it is a "job report" this has the name of the technician that they are claiming undertook the work in my home and it has a worksheet of things that this technician apparently did at my home. It says the the technician treated my whole house, and that he witnessed the infestation at home. This did not happen as nobody from JG pest control was ever at my home. So they are actually completely lying and making fraudulent documents now.

I rang the court today and found out that my court date is June 8th (They said that they had sent me notification of this a few weeks back but I didn't receive anything)

Any ideas on what I do at this point? Nobody was in my home and they have made a document to make it appear as though they have. They don't have my signature though as obviously nothing happened.

Do I have the right to request that the technician named on the document is present at court, because I would very much like to ask him to describe my house because he won't be able to do it. I've never met this person, so I would like to opportunity to confront him in court, but I am not sure if it works like this?

Also, I would like to file a counter claim. I didn't do this initially so is it now too late to do that?

Thanks everyone :-)

Comment

Are the court resending the documentation?

What are you wanting to counterclaim for?

Has the technician submitted his own witness statement?
                                I believe you can request he court issue a witness summons (form N20) but whether or not it is a good idea I couldn't say.
                                As it was nearly a year ago that the treatment was not carried out, he may well claim that as he sees so many properties he cannot recall the details of individual houses.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X