• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wallace Sacks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wallace Sacks!

Dunno if anyone is near their warehouse base (N17) but seems from reports that they have gone/moved out.

Originally posted by trustpilot
    I called both of their telephone numbers, no answer. On my way home I went to their sites in London, NW10 and N17. They've cleared up and closed down. The security guard at the Tottenham address said they moved out a week ago.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 19th February 2017, 10:02:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

When I posted those links last night I was careful not to say anyone had gone "bust" because I could see no evidence of that when I did my preliminary research on Companies House.

I posted the link to Trust Pilot where a poster had said they'd gone "bust" but gave no evidence to support their statement. I posted the link (not that sole quote) so that they would get sued not me (or LB) if it turns out not to be true

Companies dissolve for all sorts of reasons not always negative. I can't see any of the 'linked' companies going into liquidation/administration. So I didn't jump to any conclusions at that point (when I posted).

The Wallace Sacks website states their company number as 01546128 which relates to Wallace Sacks Furnishings Ltd a company registered at the same address as given on the website. According to their last accounts filed at Companies House (for year ending January 2016) they had an annual turnover of £4 million and a Gross Profit of £1.9 million (approx figures).

Trix1970 what was the name of the company (or business T/A name) which you paid, because that will be where your quarrel lies?

You can't utilise section 75 CCA because you paid by Debit Card according to your post on your own thread>

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      how did you pay for it???
      Originally posted by Trix1970 View Post
      Debit card, bank does the charge back thing, but because it's over 6 months now they're not keen
      There's always the possibility that they have had supplier issues if they don't manufacture the furniture in the UK (so much is imported these days) hence the delay since you have received one sofa (last month) but not the other (yet). They may even have changed supplier/manufacturer which has caused the delay. I simply don't know so can't comment on their financial health.

So do you want the sofa your ordered or your money back?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Dunno if anyone is near their warehouse base (N17) but seems from reports that they have gone/moved out.
        I paid by debit card! Will be speaking to my bank again tomorrow!!

Comment

I paid by debit card! Will be speaking to my bank again tomorrow!!

- - - Updated - - -

Also Georgia Sacks is promoting her leather company quite heavily at the
          Moment!! Just found her on facebook

Comment

I paid by debit card!
            Who (by name) did you pay by debit card?

Di

Comment

Also Georgia Sacks is promoting her leather company quite heavily at the
              Moment!! Just found her on facebook
              Oh dear, I appear to have started a witch-hunt inadvertently.

Di

Comment

I paid Wallace Sacks, have just realised the chargeback thing works from when you realise you had a problem, and not the date of the transaction, so there may be a glimmer of hope. I did get a 10% discount to stop me cancelling my order, which didn't come from Wallace Sacks... it came from Mumba Wallace...

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry MuuBaa Wallace

Comment

I did get a 10% discount to stop me cancelling my order, which didn't come from Wallace Sacks... it came from Mumba Wallace...

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry MuuBaa Wallace
                  Can you explain a bit more about the 10% discount to stop you cancelling your order?

What were the Terms & Conditions attached to that?

Was there a confirmed delivery timescale on the order?

The order you placed is your contract, so you need to establish whether they've breached that contract.

Read up on the Consumer Rights Act > https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ab...ghts-act-2015/

Di

Comment

In a phone call I said I couldn't wait any longer as I wanted the sofas before Xmas. I was offered the 10% discount as an apology if I could hang on until January, I said that I would, but if the goods hadn't been delivered by mid Jan, I would be reviewing the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                      Oh dear, I appear to have started a witch-hunt inadvertently.

Di
                      No smoke without fire imo and if it's openly being talked about on FB etc then there must be some sparks somewhere.

Comment

In a phone call I said I couldn't wait any longer as I wanted the sofas before Xmas. I was offered the 10% discount as an apology if I could hang on until January, I said that I would, but if the goods hadn't been delivered by mid Jan, I would be reviewing the situation.
                        Can you clarify this post on your thread where you say they "attempted" to deliver one sofa mid-January. Does that mean they were keeping to the agreement (to deliver mid-January) but you refused to accept the sofa?

After all sorts of excuses, delays and fake promises they attempted to deliver ONE sofa in January. By this time I lost all faith and cancelled the order. They've tried to deduct me a £200 cancellation fee and they still have my money!
                        You also say they wanted a £200 cancellation fee when you didn't take delivery (have I understood you correctly?). How much was the 10% discount worth i.e. was is £200 off a £2k order or did they pluck that figure out of thin air?

You've said that they owe you £1,600 so is that the amount you paid after the 10% discount or before?

How far did the "attempted" delivery get? Was there a delivery charge added?

I'm only playing devil's advocate because any investigation into your particular situation will be based on what agreement was made and/or broken by either party.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                          No smoke without fire imo and if it's openly being talked about on FB etc then there must be some sparks somewhere.
                          If it's on FB then it must be true

I'm always careful not to make allegations against a business until I have the full facts in front of me.

Hypothetically speaking if a business goes out of business because customers stop using them based on unfounded negative statements/rumours (e.g. saying they've "gone bust" if they haven't) which spread like a forest fire on the internet, then they may want to take action against the perpetrators for libel.

This business may have gone "bust" but I'm not going to be the one to say that publicly until I have the evidence.

Di

Comment

They well may not have or are likely to go bump they may well just be restructuring their business/ businesses but if they don't keep their customers up to speed on such things rumours will start

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                              They well may not have or are likely to go bump they may well just be reconstructuring their business/ businesses but if they don't keep their customers up to speed on such things rumours will start
                              I agree with that.

I've read other things on the internet where it's been stated that they have changed their China supplier which has caused delays in production.

Trix1970 says they were offered (and accepted) a 10% discount on their order if they were willing to wait until mid January for delivery. They accepted that offer. One of the sofas was ready to deliver in mid January (apparently) but the OP appears to have rejected it.

Perhaps, as you say, the company was undergoing a financial restructuring but there's no indication (that I have seen) that they were in financial difficulties. The last accounts show a gross profit of £1.9 million in 2016. Something dreadful must have happened for it to have nose-dived to "bust" status in such a short time.

The OP of this thread got their money back. Let's hope Trix1970 does too.

Originally posted by moneyisthedevil View Post
                              Hi. We got all our money back x
                              However they may have weakened their argument if they willingly entered into an agreement which allowed for the delay and in which they say they were given and accepted a discount accordingly.

Di

Comment

you haven't received goods ordered and paid for, it's beyond the timescales given
                                Trix1970 then appears to have willingly agreed to a new timescale for which they received a 10% discount on the original order.

The retailer attempted to deliver one of the sofas within the new agreed timescale but it seems they rejected it and have sought to cancel the whole order instead.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X