• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wallace Sacks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wallace Sacks!

I'm so angry right now! I ordered a chair from the Wallace Sacks website on the 31st October 2016. I paid them £658 and it said that the item was in stock and would be dispatched within 4-6 weeks (so in time for xmas - when I needed it for). Six weeks came and went on the 12th December, still no chair. Rang the office and they said it would definitely be in this week and delivered straight away. Emailed them today to ask why I still hadnt heard anything - only to be told that it now won't be in their warehouse until the first week in January!! I am fuming. I needed and expected that chair by xmas and theyve got £658 of my money sat in their bank account!!!
    Tags: None

Re: Wallace Sacks!

Hi and welcome
    Get your money back

You can ask for your money back if you don’t receive the item either:
    • within 30 days of buying it
    • on the date you agreed with the seller - if it was essential to receive it by then (eg for an event then or shortly after)

If the seller refuses to give you your money back, you should put your complaint in writing - follow their complaints procedure if they have one.
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...een-delivered/

Comment

Thank you Enaid. The problem is I really want the item!! Cant get anywhere else for this orice. I'm so annoyed though.

Comment

Originally posted by moneyisthedevil View Post
        Thank you Enaid. The problem is I really want the item!! Cant get anywhere else for this orice. I'm so annoyed though.
        Well if that's the case you are going to have to wait I think, but I would complain like billieo until I got some kind of compensation.
        Is the chair hand made or is it a one off as you can not get one same or similar from elsewhere?

Comment

Its a Eames chair (copy obvs, originals are 5 grand!) I think you're right and yes all I can hope for is some sort of compensation. No Xmas present for the hubby

Comment

Have you had a good Google and put in the details of the chair. I am not familiar with this furniture I will admit but there seems quite a bit on the internet about it and different retailers. If you have look round and see something just make sure the site is ok etc>

Comment

Thanks for all your help. I'll have another look around xx

Comment

Have you got anywhere with this company?

Comment

Originally posted by Trix1970 View Post
                  Have you got anywhere with this company?
                  Hi. We got all our money back x

Comment

Hi. We got all our money back x
                    That's good, how long did it take? X

Comment

That's good, how long did it take? X
                      Straight away! They just constantly lied to us xx

Comment

Straight away! They just constantly lied to us xx
                        They won't pay me!! I've just seen a post saying they've gone bust!! They owe me £1600!!

Comment

I've just seen a post saying they've gone bust!!
                          Where do you see that?

My post on your thread said that they hadn't been struck off by Companies House.

Here >
                          Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                          It seems you are not alone with your issue if you read these reviews

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.wallacesacks.com

(assuming it's the same business you're referring to)

Is it this company which narrowly missed being struck off by Companies House a couple of weeks ago?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

Di
                          Link to your thread here > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...221#post711221

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                            Where do you see that?

My post on your thread said that they hadn't been struck off by Companies House.

Here >

Link to your thread here > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...221#post711221

Di
                            On their facebook page, a customer has written that they have just gone bust but are still taking people's money (it could just be a disgruntled customer....they have a few)

Comment

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.wallacesacks.com is the reviews page where someone has mentioned the company going 'bust' That company seems to be Wallace Sacks Online ( now changed name to WS Online Ltd ) which did dissolve in mid November 2016 after comppulsory strike off ( https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...pdf&download=0 ) However the website is stated as being owned/run by Wallace Sacks Furnishings Ltd which is still going BUT was called MUUBAA LIMITED until 18 Jan 2017 ( see https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...pdf&download=0 )

Quick look on wayback archive from November 3rd 2016 shows the details "Wallace Sacks Registered office Unit 58, Millmead Industrial Centre, Mill Mead Rd, London N17 9QU, Registered in UK
                              Company Registration Number 01546128 VAT no. GB346522753" which are the same as at present.

There's also a new company called MUUBAA Trading Ltd - Director Georgia Sacks - set up November 2016 as GAS Clothing Ltd and name changed to MUUBAA in December. TrustPilot reviews for MUUBAA ( leather clothing) has gone rapidly downhill around same timescales as Wallace Sacks.

There's also a WallaceSacks.com Limited company - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history - same director as WS online which is still running.

Also just checked and the WallaceSacks.com website is owned by
                              Admin Name: Simon Jones
                              Admin Organization: Muubaa Ltd
                              Admin Street: Unit 58 Milmead Ind Center Mill Mead Rd
                              Admin City: London
                              Admin State/Province: London
                              Admin Postal Code: N17 9QU
                              Admin Country: GB
                              Admin Phone: +44.02088083275
                              Tangled web there which warrants investigation further but for now, you haven't received goods ordered and paid for, it's beyond the timescales given and you aren't receiving responses to your complaints, so I would certainly be speaking with your credit card company about a section 75 claim if you have got nowhere with the companies complaints process.

I would also inform Trading Standards.
                              Last edited by Amethyst; 19th February 2017, 09:17:AM.
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X