• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart Parking PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Parking PCN

Hi all,

Looking for some advice on a PCN from Smart Parking I received today.

The genuine reason I got the ticket was because I was parked on a retail park in Kidderminster, which I had paid and displayed in, and then drove over to Matalan, which for some reason I thought was part of the same retail park so as far as I thought the ticket I already have would have covered me. You can see the Matalan store from where I was parked but being lazy and having loads of bags to carry I thought I'd just drive and park closer.

I saw the ticket machines on the Matalan car park but I had assumed that it was run by the same people so I wouldn't need to pay again?! Obviously I was wrong!

They're trying to charge me £50 (the discounted amount) which goes up to £85 after 14 days. I was parked there for 20 minutes and 24 seconds. I don't understand how they have the nerve to try and charge me that much!

I don't remember seeing any sign but I did see the ticket machines. I've attached a picture of the sign on the way in to the car park in case there is anything that will help me avoid these charges.

If anyone can give me any advice I would appreciate it so much! I can't afford to pay it at this time of year and that's besides the point I really don't want to pay it to those thieves!

Thank you!!!
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Smart Parking PCN

Hi guys sorry for the double post. I've attached a map now of both car parks. Looking at this I feel pretty stupid to be honest, but I've drove past so many times and the Matalan really does look like part of the same retail park from the road.

Really hope I have somewhere to go from here :-(
    Attached Files

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...521#post636521

M1

Comment

Hi Mystery1, thanks for replying! What do you think of this? I'm not sure if I'd be better just putting 1 reason?

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver was not only a genuine customer (receipt available), but didn't notice any signs when driving into the car park and when noticing the ticket machine, had assumed that it was part of the retail park for which a ticket had already been purchased and was left on display.

I note that the notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 paragraph 9.

Should you reject my appeal, please supply a popla code.

Yours sincerely

Comment

That'll do but just attach a copy of the receipt rather than say it's available.

M1

Comment

Hi Nitefly! Just wondering how you got on in your appeal?
            I also got a ticket at Matalan in Kidderminster in similar circumstances.
            Hope you were successful.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X