• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Howard cohen and co

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard cohen and co

Really need advice. Had a messy divorce 5 years ago and buried my head in the sand didn't pay back debts etc. I have moved 3 times since then and never changed addresses due to debt passed from one dca to the next. So I couldn't tell you who owns my debt. I received a letter today in my old married name advising me of intended legal proceeding it looks like a generic one with just my amount owed on it and signed by the company name. I am in no position to pay the debt as I am on very little income with 2 children. I have remarried to a man who supports us but I have kept my financial affairs to my name and we have nothing in joint names. He owns the house we live in and pays for it. He is aware of my previous divorce and financial cock ups for want of better words. I'm unsure of what to do... do i ignore? Or deal with this. I wanted to go BR ages ago but couldn't raise the funds to do so. As said above I earn very little as in £380 a Montj and total debt With different creditors surpases £25000. Really need help. I guess I am very close to the statute barred time frame for some of them. Any advice On what I should do?
    Tags: None

Re: Howard cohen and co

Hi monkeymoo & welcome to LB.

For the particular debt to which the letter refers, this sounds as if it could be a Letter Before Claim; if so, you need to respond.
    We would need a bit more info.
    Read http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...-a-Court-Claim & give the details appropriate to your situation.
    For a more holistic opinion on your overall situation, [MENTION=48934]Debt Camel[/MENTION] would probably be best placed to comment. (This will give Debt Camel a nudge, but in the meantime you can check out info here - http://debtcamel.co.uk/
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi,'thank you for your reply. I have a feeling the debt relates to a car loan i took out in 2010. Last payments being 2011. It wasn't hire purchase or anything like that it was just a loan taken through the car retailer. The car subsequently got sold as I had numerous issues with it. I've had no letters from Robinson Way who they say are their clients, which forms do I need to send off? Thank you again

Comment

It sounds as though bankruptcy is your best option. With such a low income, it doesn't take many debts to go for CCJs for the end result to be unmanageable.

Any chance your husband could pay your bankruptcy fees? It could be the best Xmas present you will ever get.

If you have ever had PPI, claiming that back can be a great way to raise the bankruptcy fees.

Otherwise, I think you have to start saving up for bankruptcy, you can now put aside the money bit by bit: http://debtcamel.co.uk/pay-bankruptcy-fees/.

One of the great things about bankruptcy is that you don't have to list all the debts - they are all written off even if you don't remember a few.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X