• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court claim for unpaid PCN 2011 Excel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County court claim for unpaid PCN 2011 Excel

Hi
    Back in June 2011 I parked, bought ticket, put on dash - then returned to car to find change for another person parking who was short at the machine nearby -all watched by parking attendant next to us (!) . Returned within tme- to find PCN issued 1.5 hours after I parked -as ticket had blown off dash -was still in car. Attendant had left so couldnt challenge/discuss
    Naively - thought that if I wrote to Excel and sent copy of ticket they would see I had paid fair and square and that would be the end of it.
    I have orig PCN and photocopy of parking ticket- ( amazed myself here!)
    Years of intermittent harrassment and letters have followed from a variety of dodgy dealers -mainly I have just told callers to cease and desist or that I'll see them in court or ignored ( &filed -well usually_) letters ( as was standard advice at the time!)
    Most recently it has passed to bwlegal and I have now been issued with a CC claim on 6th Dec.
    I have filed acknowledgement and intention to defend today . - think that gives me until 8th January to file defence.
    Would welcome any advice/direction to similar cases on wording of defence - and whether the fact that I had paid for the parking, proved it to them within 14 days and they suffered no loss whatsoever is actually enough of a defence or I need to get some other strands lined up. Excel acknowledged right at the beginning that I paid but wanted to charge me for failing to display - which is more of a fine than an invoice for an unpaid bill I feel)
    Wondering vaguely also if its possible to counterclaim for compensation for losses and harrassment - as so fed up with them all !
    Many thanks to any kind person who might look at this -and be able to advise
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X