• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wright Hassall: Formal Letter of Claim (ZZPS Ltd & Premier Park Ltd)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wright Hassall: Formal Letter of Claim (ZZPS Ltd & Premier Park Ltd)

Thanks for the reply M1.

I sent an email repeating my requests and just received the following reply, which unsurprisingly does not provide any more information.

I guess I only have options 1 and 2 left now?

SB

Dear [Removed]

Our Reference: 1340590Client Reference: 102614625Car Parking Operator: Premier Park Ltd Instructed by: ZZPS LimitedBalance outstanding: £ 208.00RE: [Removed]With reference to your recent email, the contents of which have been duly noted.

Please refer to the second last paragraph of our previous correspondence to seek a response to your query about the cost of this Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

Moreover, our clients will only provide a copy of the contract in litigation stage, should this matter proceed further.

Our clients are happy they have followed the correct process in issuing this PCN as well as in sending relevant correspondence to your address. We can confirm without full payment of the above balance, this account may proceed to the next stage.

We believe sufficient information has been provided to you about this PCN, therefore, we can confirm this account will remain on hold for further 14 days and unless you provide additional information you have not already brought to our attention, any further correspondence will be noted and filed but we will not respond.

Yours sincerely

Tim Hawker
    Head of Debt Recovery Operations

Sent: 20 January 2017 16:53
    To: Debt Support
    Subject: Re: 1340590

Dear Tim

As you have recognised that Section 19.9 of the British Parking Association Code of Conduct does not require the Operator to stipulate how much these recovery charges are in advance. As extra recovery charges have now been applied, I am now requesting for a breakdown of the £108; this is a mark-up of 108% which is both unreasonable and not commercially justifiable.

In terms of providing the contract, this is a bit of a cop out as I am not interested in the ‘commercially sensitive’ information between the parties. I would like proof that a valid contract exists between the Landowner and the Operator, in addition to evidence that a term has been breached and that the Operator has the legal right to bring the claim.

Therefore, I will once again request for a copy of the Operator’s contract, which I reiterate that I am happy for the commercially sensitive information to be covered or excluded. I also request for a picture of the signs at the location and as mentioned above, a breakdown of the recovery charge.

I ask that if my requests for information are ignored again that your claim complies with Civil Procedure Rules Part 16:

Contents of the claim form
    (1) The claim form must –
    (a) contain a concise statement of the nature of the claim

Contents of the particulars of claim
    (1) Particulars of claim must include –
    (a) a concise statement of the facts on which the claimant relies;

Practice Direction 16

Other matters to be included in particulars of claim:

7.5 Where a claim is based upon an agreement by conduct, the particulars of claim must specify the conduct relied on and state by whom, when and where the acts constituting the conduct were done.

Practice Direction 22:

Who may sign the statement of truth:
    3.1 In a statement of case, a response or an application notice, the statement of truth must be signed by

(2) the legal representative of the party or litigation friend.

3.7 Where a party is legally represented, the legal representative may sign the statement of truth on his behalf.The statement signed by the legal representative will refer to the client’s belief, not his own. In signing he must state the capacity in which he signs and the name of his firm where appropriate.

3.9 The individual who signs a statement of truth must print his full name clearly beneath his signature.

3.10 A legal representative who signs a statement of truth must sign in his own name and not that of his firm or employer.

Practice Direction 7E:

Signature
    10 Any provision of the CPR which requires a document to be signed by any person is satisfied by that person entering their name on an online form.

I await your response.

Yours sincerely

[Removed]

Comment

Pretty much. You've done the right thing by telling them they could redact the contract.

Wait and see what happens.

M1

Comment

I am now contemplating making one last attempt to settle the matter, as the prospect of court proceedings is unsettling for my family.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I intend to send a cheque for the original ticket value (£100) with an accompanying letter to clarify that this will be in full and final settlement of the issue. Please see the letter below, I would appreciate any feedback on its legitimacy and any other points I should include! I also intend to send an email to complement this letter.

Thanks

SB

'Without prejudice

Further to my last email dated 30th January 2017 and in reference to our ongoing communications, the contents of which are duly noted.

Acting in good faith of the Civil Procedure Rules, particularly the Pre-Action Conduct and Protocols which expects both parties to consider the possibility of reaching a settlement at all times (with
        litigation being a last resort), I enclose a cheque of £100 as full and final settlement of the issue.

This is on the clear understanding that, if the cheque is processed and paid in, neither you nor any associate company will take any other action to collect or enforce any other outstanding balance in any way and that Ellie Burkett will be released from any liability.'

Comment

To be honest, if you want to settle, just phone them up and negotiate. They'll probably be happy to get £100 although if that's your first offer they'll ask for more. Start lower and work up.

M1

Comment

I have just called Wright Hassall, who said that they will not consider settlement because they have been instructed by ZZPS Ltd to only collect the full balance. I stated that I am not accepting liability or existence of a debt but willing to negotiate a settlement in light of the pre-action conduct and protocols. I also requested to speak to a senior member of staff, but to no avail.

Would it still be worth sending a cheque, with accompanying letter and email? This is tangible evidence of an attempt to settle, which after that I will wait for their move as I am getting pretty fed up!

Comment

I wouldn't bother. Waste of a stamp.

Ignore them now unless you get court papers. Certainly won't get them from ZZZps.

Premier park ? http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Premier_Park.html not overly litigious either.

M1

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses M1.

Hopefully it doesn't go anywhere from here!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X