• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Common mistakes with Notice to Keeper, Keeper Liability and PoFA Schedule 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common mistakes with Notice to Keeper, Keeper Liability and PoFA Schedule 4

In another thread, [MENTION=70704]emanresu[/MENTION] commented "PCM almost always fail to meet the requirements for Keeper Liability."

I understand the ideas behind the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) Schedule 4 and the Notice to Keeper as a way for a PPC to enforce charges. The requirements are laid out in legalese here:
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

Assuming for the moment that the signage was correct and all other requirements were met and that a contract was in place (I know this is a big assumption) I want to put a list together of where a typical NtK usually fails to meet these requirements. From the comment above, it seems that some people have already got this in their head but I could not see a thread that covered this outside of a specific PCN. I'm trying to make this generic and not particular to any one PCN, claim or case. It might be useful to include details relating to specific PPCs though.

What are the commonly made mistakes, errors or problems to look out for in a Notice to Keeper to see if it meets the requirements set out in Schedule 4?

Regards,
    Ryan
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X