• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

London Parking Solutions - Parking Charge Notice to Hirer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Parking Solutions - Parking Charge Notice to Hirer

Hi,

I am new to the forum.

I am getting in contact about a parking notice incurred by my dad, a driving instructor (who hires his car), one of his pupils thought he had forgotten his wallet so he pulled in to the area so he could check for it, unbeknown to him it was in an LPS no stopping/no waiting area and has been fined £60. Should he just pay or is there good grounds to appeal. I have read lots but couldn't find anything for notice to hirer.

Many thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: London Parking Solutions - Parking Charge Notice to Hirer

Did they send anything aside from the pcn ?

For hirers they need extra information, especially as your dad wasn't driver. He can be held liable as keeper (not registered keeper obviously)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

Para 13 & 14.

Appeal as hirer if not.

M1

Comment

Thank you. I'd quite like to fully understand the point about being hirer in paras 13 & 14 so when I send of the appeal I understand what I am talking about (on my dad's behalf). Is it because of the paragraph (2)(a), (b) & (c) - they haven't followed the process correctly?

I have a bit more detail now too, LPS sent the notice to the driving school who owns the car, they gave them my dad's details as hirier, no other papers where sent with the PCN to my dad and the pupil was driving the car at the time.

Would the below draft suffice as an email to LPS?

Many thanks
      K

Ref:[ ]

Dear Sirs,

I, as hirer, I wish to invoke your appeals procedure.

It is noted that your notice to hirer is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2102 schedule 4 para 13 & 14

Yours etc

Comment

Normally they never send that information so i'd say you'r likely to be spot on. The appeal is perfect too.

I don't wish to build up your hopes here, IPC members don't normally accept appeals and the secondary appeals THEIAS.org is quite difficult to win even with a rock solid case like this. However if they are stupid enough to go as far as court they will get stuffed as your dad was not driving and they failed to pass liability on to him correctly.

M1

Comment

Thanks for your prompt response M1 and all understood re appeal.

I will keep you updated.

Best wishes.
          K

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X