• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Landmark (ex NRAM)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Landmark (ex NRAM)

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
    Re-read my post
    I've looked at the above again, and realised that I was seeing it as an exhortation to me. I now realise that you were probably saying that you had re-read your post.

This is one of the problems with the English language when written down, particularly on the internet - it's open to different interpretation, and to misunderstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcadian View Post
      Thank you for correcting your post, the original post to which I reacted was factually incorrect.

The above is close enough.
      I'm trained not to rise to the bait

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Arcadian View Post
        The saga rumbles on. Having "completed" last Monday, the selling conveyancer has since received a new redemption statement that is some £823 more than the last one. They imagine that this is due to the legal costs of the County Court action being added on.

The conveyancer is is concerned that Landshark will not "release the mortgage" until this is paid.

What implications does this have with regards to the property, which is now sold and in the hands of the new owner?

What would be the view of the court, should they still insist on continuing the legal action?
        An update. After I drafted a letter, pointing out that the redemption statement received had not included the extra fees, but stated that it was valid up until the end of December, Landmark investigated the matter as a complaint.

They very quickly replied with with the conclusion that they had been in the wrong by demanding the extra fees, as the redemption amount as advised at the time of completion had indeed been fully satisfied.

The extra fees mentioned above have been written off, and the property charge at the Land Registry was quickly cleared allowing the conveyencers to transfer the title of the land.

This marks a small and very welcome victory in the continuing saga...

Comment

Hi Arcadian,
          Apologies for jumping onto your thread. I'm certainly no expert on this, but have found this site very useful. Now that the house sale has completed, it may be worth sending a SAR to Landmark. I did this towards the end of last year and found the content VERY revealing, especially with internal emails within NRAM (in my case). Where NRAM claim to be supportive in recent months with my financial issues, the majority of the internal correspondence shows a clear lack of competence but also so much contempt for customers. It may not be relevant right now, but just a thought.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X