• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 v Me - hearing date 23/12/16 - Help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 v Me - hearing date 23/12/16 - Help needed

Hi CL
    Am i correct in thinking that you have not submitted a defence? Someone with more experience in these matters i hope will come along with a bit more assistance.

Mercers DN I am aware that there are issues with Barclaycard/Mercers DN - to do with the fact (as i understand it) that Mercers should not have issued them but Barclays themselves on their headed paper. You also need to check if the period time given to you to 'put the matter right' is the correct amount of time. If the DN is faulty you can raise this at the hearing and see if the DJ will accept your point. Google Mercers DN's for more background info.
    There are outstanding issues with Stat Bar, advice varies between 'last payment made as the course of action to last payment plus 1 month as the course of action, to using the default notice date as the cause of action.

i cannot see where you state when you last made a payment to allow you to possibly argue stat barred, however looking at the DN date not sure you could claim this.

You biggest problem maybe that you have not submitted 'in writing' you side of things for the court to consider before the hearing and have already missed the deadline(sorry if i have misunderstood this) I'm not sure if you can submit a late defence or WS, and 'beg' the courts pardon' Check on here to see if there are any other examples.

Do you own your own home? If yes, the claimant could ask for a charging order on your property should they get judgement in their favour
    are you on state benefits?
    was the card in your name?
    can you afford legal rep?
    if on a low income you could take proof of your income with you to the court for the DJ to assess how much you can realistically afford to pay to clear the debt - even better get yourself down to the CAB for and I&E and take that with you to court.

Dont admit the debt before/unless you absolutely have to. Do more research on here and/or other sites first.

in the meantime, I do hope that someone with more experience will be along again to provide and/or cement advice already on here.

i wish you all the best with getting this resolved.

Comment

Re: Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 v Me - hearing date 23/12/16 - Help needed

Originally posted by Brainmelt View Post
      Hi CL
      Am i correct in thinking that you have not submitted a defence? ..
      A Defence was filed and served which is why the claim has been transferred to their local county court and a hearing has been listed.

Di

Comment

Re: Hoist Portfoili Holdings 2 v Me - hearing date 23/12/16 - Help needed

Originally posted by Crazylady View Post
        Does this mean I have something to put in a WS? :confused2::confused2:
        You are currently in breach of a court order to file your WS and any exhibits 14 days before the hearing (or date specific if the Directions said otherwise).

You must do this asap (today) or your Defence may be struck out by the court. Ask someone on the forum to help you draft a WS.

The Claimant has already filed their WS at court and served a copy on you (see my post # 7).

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X