• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northampton Court, Judgement for claimant (in default) need help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northampton Court, Judgement for claimant (in default) need help!

Hey all, basically yesterday I recieved this odd looking letter claiming it was from Northampton Court telling me I have not replied to the claim form and therfore I must pay £300 odd. It's an a4 piece of paper with a claim number, address for the county court business centre and warning at the bottom stating that I am now on a register of judgements...This is the first I have heard of any court procedures and I have looked into it briefly and it's saying I have missed any chance to defend myself...it's telling me I should have recieved a defense document but for the life of me I don't remember ever seeing any of this...I am currently in the process of selling my house and buying another one and I'm kind of concerned that this is going to affect me getting a mortgage...I have never had any problems with credit before so I have no idea what to do now...any help would be greatly appreciated...I mean if I have to pay this then I guess I'll have to suck it up and pay it but I'm more concerned about not getting a mortgage...thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Northampton Court, Judgement for claimant (in default) need help!

Originally posted by BLURRYFACE12 View Post
    Hey all, basically yesterday I recieved this odd looking letter claiming it was from Northampton Court telling me I have not replied to the claim form and therfore I must pay £300 odd. It's an a4 piece of paper with a claim number, address for the county court business centre and warning at the bottom stating that I am now on a register of judgements...This is the first I have heard of any court procedures and I have looked into it briefly and it's saying I have missed any chance to defend myself...it's telling me I should have recieved a defense document but for the life of me I don't remember ever seeing any of this...I am currently in the process of selling my house and buying another one and I'm kind of concerned that this is going to affect me getting a mortgage...I have never had any problems with credit before so I have no idea what to do now...any help would be greatly appreciated...I mean if I have to pay this then I guess I'll have to suck it up and pay it but I'm more concerned about not getting a mortgage...thanks
    Good afternoon , welcome to LB.

It appears from what you say that you now have a " Judgement by default " Is the form titled General Form of Order or Judgement?

You should have received a " claim Pack" containing a set of forms the claim form N1 giving details of the claim.

What is the date of judgement?

Who was the original creditor?

Who is the claimant?

Which Solicitors are acting for the claimant?

This will be an immediate barrier to getting a mortgage if you do not act quickly.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem, many thanks for the reply...no the piece of paper is titled 'Judgement for claimant (in default)..it is dated 6-dec-2016...so if I have time to pay it off sharpish I will have too I guess, it's my mortgage application I'm most concerned about!!

The claimant is indigo park services ltd

The payment must be sent to Wright Hassall LLP

I have recently returned from honeymoon and I have not got any other sort of paperwork, let alone a pack of any sort

Thanks

Comment

Hi Nem, many thanks for the reply...no the piece of paper is titled 'Judgement for claimant (in default)..it is dated 6-dec-2016...so if I have time to pay it off sharpish I will have too I guess, it's my mortgage application I'm most concerned about!!

The claimant is indigo park services ltd

The payment must be sent to Wright Hassall LLP

I have recently returned from honeymoon and I have not got any other sort of paperwork, let alone a pack of any sort

Thanks
        Hi,

Pay in full within 28 days of the date of judgement and the CCJ will not be recorded.

Do your know what the debt is for?

nem

Comment

Is this the parking management company?

nem

Comment

Hi, yes it's for parking in my place of work...I stupidly listened to my boss and colleagues and ignored the letters from Wright Hassall (not the court ones) I'll admit not my finest moment but I am now leaving this job and moving jobs so this will hopefully be a thing of the past...I do not park there anymore because of this but I know others are still racking up tickets like top trump cards!

So I should contact Wright Hassall and pay in full or contact the number given on this court letter?

Many thanks

Comment

Hi, yes it's for parking in my place of work...I stupidly listened to my boss and colleagues and ignored the letters from Wright Hassall (not the court ones) I'll admit not my finest moment but I am now leaving this job and moving jobs so this will hopefully be a thing of the past...I do not park there anymore because of this but I know others are still racking up tickets like top trump cards!

So I should contact Wright Hassall and pay in full or contact the number given on this court letter?

Many thanks
              Yes get it paid asap and make sure you get formal acknowledgment of the payment so you can send a copy to the court.

Ps keep is all in writing for safety.

nem

Comment

OK thanks for the advice....I have read numerous posts and spoken to numerous people about ignoring letters and not contacting debt collectors but it's just the threat of a ccj that can affect my mortgage application that is worrying me the most...I mean court papers are pretty serious and I don't fancy chancing it and ballsing things up for the next 6yrs! Have u heard of anyone else having a similar letter and what they did about it? I mean I can't do anything until Monday as everywhere is closed so maybe I can look into it further before I fold quicker than superman on laundry day!

Comment

OK thanks for the advice....I have read numerous posts and spoken to numerous people about ignoring letters and not contacting debt collectors but it's just the threat of a ccj that can affect my mortgage application that is worrying me the most...I mean court papers are pretty serious and I don't fancy chancing it and ballsing things up for the next 6yrs! Have u heard of anyone else having a similar letter and what they did about it? I mean I can't do anything until Monday as everywhere is closed so maybe I can look into it further before I fold quicker than superman on laundry day!
                  You already have the judgement against you so act quickly then it will not be recorded.

If you miss out on the 28 days deadline you will have a major task on your hands in getting the judgement set aside, and defending the original claim.

nem

nem

Comment

Best to pay to avoid issues.

Then read http://legalbeagles.co.uk/forums/sho...et-aside-a-CCJ and see if you wish to set aside and recover your money.

M1

Comment

Hey M, thanks for the reply, and the link to what I thought was a great read!! Great news on that particular case!...I have paid my fine to the debt collectors purely to avoid complications in my mortgage application and they have told me they'll forward this to the court to set my ccj asside...I am however now concerned that I may recieve more like this but will cross that bridge I guess when I get there...this may not be the last you hear from me but it's good to know I have somewhere to turn...take care

BF x

Comment

Check with the court that the payment has been registered with the court so that the CCJ is not left on the register.

Comment

Set aside, if you decide to do so, needs done quickly. Within 21 days if i recall correctly.

M1

Comment

Well that didn't take long....I have recieved another letter this morning from Wright Hassall asking for another £128 within 14 days or they may pass it onto their litigation team and a ccj may be submitted...would it be worth me appealing to their good nature and explaining I have recently paid upwards of £350 2 weeks before xmas and this should surely cover any loss of earnings and then some in order to get these removed....for the record I have since stopped parking in work for this very reason but I am aware of others still receiving tickets and doing nothing about them...I know not all tickets result in court orders and its only a few that do but knowing my luck at the moment I'll probably get another bloody court letter 😭

Any help/advice would be welcomed

Thanks

BF

Comment

I guess it's worth a try but be warned, they have no good side.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X