• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclay credit card debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclay credit card debt

Hello

I wondered if someone can help me, I received a letter from robinsons debt collection agency early this year for what they claim is a Barclay credit card debt, I did not contact them as have read nasty stories about them and wasn't sure if this was just a scam, instead I reported on the police fraud website that I have possibly had my details stolen and got a crime number.

Anyway I have never had an account at barclay's before and although they state it's from 2011 I have searched all 3 credit report agencies and none have any evidence of a Barclay card ever been on my credit report, there is no default registered or ccj's, they have yet sent another letter stipulating I owe this money so unsure whether to contact them and ask what's going on or whether this is just a scam.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Barclay credit card debt

[QUOTE=Davegtr;694950]Hello

I wondered if someone can help me, I received a letter from robinsons debt collection agency early this year for what they claim is a Barclay credit card debt, I did not contact them as have read nasty stories about them and wasn't sure if this was just a scam, instead I reported on the police fraud website that I have possibly had my details stolen and got a crime number.

Robinson Way is a long established company in the UK debt industry.

If you are positive that you have never had a Barclay Card or a card that was issued by another company which was adsorbed by BC send a CCA request for a copy of the agreement for the alleged account ( see template in the green box at the top of the " court claim " forum.

Use a Postal Order for the £1.00 statutory fee and mark it " For Statutory Fee Only" RW has 12 + 2 Working days to comply.

Is Robinson Way acting for another company in this matter?
    nem

Comment

Originally posted by Davegtr View Post
      I received a letter from robinsons debt collection agency early this year for what they claim is a Barclay credit card debt, I did not contact them as have read nasty stories about them and wasn't sure if this was just a scam, instead I reported on the police fraud website that I have possibly had my details stolen and got a crime number.

Anyway I have never had an account at barclay's before and although they state it's from 2011 I have searched all 3 credit report agencies and none have any evidence of a Barclay card ever been on my credit report
      Did you ever have an Egg or Citibank credit card? Both were subsequently acquired by Barclaycard.

If an account was defaulted six years ago or more the entry would no longer show on your CRA file. Does the 2011 date refer to when the account was opened or when they (Robinson Way) took over the debt?

I would send them a 'Prove It' letter. There is always the possibility that you are/were the victim of identity fraud so reporting it to the police was no bad thing.

Does the Robinson Way letter say that they are the current owner of the debt or are they collecting on behalf of a third party such as Hoist Portfolio?

Di

Comment

Thanks for your replys

the only bank or credit cards I have ever had were Lloyds tsb and they were paid off along time ago and haven't been in debt since.
        The latest letter states the money is Due to: HPH2 LTD (Ex Barclaycard) the first letter stated it's regarding an account from 2011.

The only reference I can see on my credit report is that someone from hoist portfolio checked my credit report in early 2011 and 2015, nothing about a default or any kind of barclay's activity so this seems strange to me that there is no default or anything at all saying I have had anything to do with Barclays let alone a credit card.

I check my credit report every couple of years so quite sure it wasn't on previous reports also so how can a company claim you owe them money without a default or record of anything showing on your credit report?

Surely if this was a defaulted account they notify credit report company's 6-7 weeks after the account has defaulted? And would definatly be on my credit report if it was from 2011

Thanks again I will look into the prove it letter but still stumped why I should, not doubting your correct in doing so but considering there's no evidence on credit report that a debt even exists or has ever existed and they are just trying to scam me, I'm sure they are a genuine company, but still if I had something on my credit report I would contact them straight away to ask what's going on as that proves they are genuine, but to get letters from nothing stating give us your money makes me think something's not quite right here.

Always grateful Dave.

Comment

http://debtcamel.co.uk/prove-it/

You could also add that they supply proof of any/all payments to the disputed account; who paid, how much, when paid & method/details of payment for each individual amount.

Don't forget to obtain proof of postage.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Davegtr View Post
            I will look into the prove it letter but still stumped why I should, not doubting your correct in doing so but considering there's no evidence on credit report that a debt even exists or has ever existed and they are just trying to scam me,
            It's not a scam, it's a mistake. RW have a debt that they think may have been yours. You have repaid all your debts and never had one from Barclays so you know it isn't - but they don't know that. That is why they are trying to get in contact with you.

If you ignore it, they may start court action - you could then defend that but honestly it is much simpler to try to get this sorted now.

In the Prove It letter I suggest you add a line saying that you have never had an account with Barclays, Barclaycard, Egg or Citibank.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X