• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary termination of car craft contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary termination of car craft contract

Thank you for your email.

Trading at Carcraft ceased on 30 April 2015 across all sites in the Group immediately following the appointment of Administrators.

Carcraft records indicated that the monthly cost of servicing the DHP products exceeded £100,000 (in addition to the overhead and fixed labour cost base of the 10 Carcraft workshops). This on-going cost led to the immediate cessation of the DHP Service on the appointment of Administrators.

As a result of the DHP provision ceasing, Carcraft is not able to provide roadside cover, MOT, service or on-going warranty service. Nor is Carcraft able to settle any associated costs of the DHP customers. Any such costs will be an unsecured claim against the Carcraft estate.

The Administrators were unable to source an alternative to the DHP, as the costs of a comparable product were seen as prohibitively expensive. As such, customers regrettably will have to make their own arrangements for on-going roadside cover, MOT, service or warranty work.
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary termination of car craft contract

Hello,

Who is the company written on your agreement? It would appear that carcraft limited has been dissolved since early 2016. Therefore unless the agreement has been assigned to another company, which you ought to have been made aware of, then you are paying money to a now defunct company.

Have you been contacted by anyone or the administrators of carcraft at all since 2015? Companies which dissolve and any assets (such as the HP agreement) are then passed to the crown. However, I can't see how the crown would chase you for this if you just simply stopped paying, though I am not saying that is the answer an they generally deal with certain types of assets such as land, mortgages etc. which may be of high value.

One thing I am not sure of is where assets are under a HP agreement, whether or not the rights and obligations also transfer to the Crown replacing car craft as the creditor.

You should perhaps make some reasonable inquiries before you choose to cancel your payments, though as said above. I don't think much will change if you have been paying into the same bank account that was owned by car craft. Though it is surprising the account has not been shut down?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi I had a letter from all in one finance stating they had assigned all rights title and interest to aktiv kapital portfolio I've emailed and sent a letter but haven't had a reponce as yet so do you think I would have to contact them to terminate the contract ? And seeming car craft are gone is my contract still valid anyway ?

Comment

Wish I could take a pic of this letter it would be so much easier lol
        It also says under the terms of this assignment aktiv kapital is now your data controller as defined by the data protection act ....

Comment

Have they already reassessed your contract to take off the DHP element ? (drive happy stuff)

If your account was sold to Aktiv Kaptial then they purchased the rights and liabilities too so if Aktiv still hold your account you will need to contact them about the VT. ( Aktiv are now PRA - https://www.pragroup.co.uk/)

What address did you write to about the VT ? and do you have a copy of your contract/agreement?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Address:
            2 The Cross
            Kilmarnock
            Scotland
            KA1 1LR
            I found the address online and wrote to them and used the online email system but no reply as yet
            Also have contract here I am plowing through paperwork we have kept for years 🤔

- - - Updated - - -

Also no one has said we can stop the DHP but I think we are paying for something useless so how can we cancel it ??

Comment

That seems to be the right address, it might be worthwhile giving PRA a call and speaking with them, then confirming things in writing with them, double checking their address with them first. They seem to have a free phone number.

0800 877 2772

Monday-Thursday: 8am - 8pm
              Friday: 8am - 6pm
              Saturday: 8am - 12pm
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If they do end up having the rights / contract would they have to honour it if we wanted to terminate ?
                What I'm not sure about is if the contract is even valid any more and if we have a right to cancel if it's in the contract

Comment

Yes, you are not required to give any specific type of notice, just notice so that could be letter or email or even telephone call. If they have taken on the contract then the notice you have given would be deemed to have terminated the contract.

The contract is still valid if it has been assigned.

If sending letters then you should keep a postage receipt as proof of the letter sent or copies of email if done that way.
                  If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                  Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Oh wow ok once I find this contract and get a reply I'll update and let everyone know how I get on 😄

Comment

I have had a letter from GMAC about the VT there are a few bullet points that apply to my situation and are ok like the mot must be valid must be free from damage paid over half etc than it says we will send you a copy of the vehicle inspection report and you will be liable to pay for any repairs costs outside fair wear and tear during the inspection now this makes me think they will try and charge me for something just to get money it's asking me to sign and send back I also had the drive happy plan I am looking to cancel but so far have had no word on this ..

- - - Updated - - -

Also found my contract and all the paper work for drive happy plan so I can see what I was sold at the time

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X