• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier park ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier park ticket

I have had a very similar issue with Premier Parking as the original thread.

We were attending a friends wedding near Braunton and stopped in the Exeter Road car park to get some chips on Sunday evening at 17:56 and stayed for 23 min (according to the PCN). It was dark and the car park is basically unlit and signs don't make it clear that the charges apply 24x7 (?) . Based on the inadequate signage, we assumed it was a public car park and there would be no charge at this time...

We received a parking charge (PCN) a few days later and feel this is totally unjustified, and judging by other responses - is obvious their signage is unclear and poorly lit.

I have already sent a rejection letter to Premier Park, but they are insisting that we provide the name of the driver, before they will consider the appeal letter. What advice would you give us (you indicate earlier not to name the driver)? How can we get a POPLA number, if Premier won't issue one...?

The email from Premier Park is below.

BTW - It also appears they are changing their paperwork in response to POPLA appeals, as they also now cite a response on the ICO in their Ts&Cs.

Thank in advance for your guidance.

"We write to acknowledge receipt of your recent online appeal, on behalf of the driver, appealing against the issuing of a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) to the vehicle.

In order for us to fully assess your appeal we must request that the details of the driver of the vehicle at the time of the contravention are supplied; this must include their full name and serviceable UK postal address. If you are unwilling or unable to provide these details the registered keeper of this vehicle will remain liable for this PCN.

This information should be provided by 21st December 2016. Please note, we are unable to place this PCN on hold until these details are received. Please be advised that Premier Park Limited will not reply to any correspondence until after the above date, if the requested information is not provided.

If you would like to view our photographic evidence, please visit www.pcnpayments.com

Please respond by submitting the driver details on a new contact form at appeals.premierpark.co.uk"
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JamieClayton; 8th December 2016, 09:55:AM. Reason: PCN attachments added
    Tags: None

Re: Premier Park - Exeter Road, Braunton - won

Did you appeal on behalf of the driver ? Usually people appeal as registered keeper (recommended) or driver (not recommended).

M1

Comment

Re: Premier park ticket

Hi M1,
      Thanks for your reply.

I made the appeal on behalf of the Registered Keeper, who is my wife - who would not have appealed this fine.

The point I raised is that Premier Park are insisting that I name the driver, in order for them to review my appeal.

Does it really matter if I we name the driver... or should I avoid this and just seek a POPLA No . Put another way, are they within their rights to insist Registered Keepers nominate the driver before an Appeal can be reviewed...?

Thanks, Jamie

Comment

Re: Premier park ticket

Ok, in that case tell them you are appealing on behalf of the registered keeper and provide those details.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X