• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON!!** POPLA Appeal - Help Requested - Incorrect Registration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **WON!!** POPLA Appeal - Help Requested - Incorrect Registration

Hello,

I received a PCN from Parking Eye approx. 1.5 months ago showing the entry and exit timings at the parking and pictures saying the PCN has been issued as I parked without a valid Parking Ticket.

I had however purchased the parking ticket.

I appealed to ParkingEye with my ticket details (as I had it) and a copy of my credit card statement proving I was a genuine customer at the shopping center.

I entered the car park at 05:37PM on 08/10/2016.

My parking ticket does not has my complete registration number but only the numeric registration number.

Parking Eye in their response to my appeal have stated that the complete registration number should be on the parking ticket, else the ticket is invalid. They offered me to make a payment of goodwill gesture amount of £20 else the appeal will be rejected and a POPLA code will be issued.

I didn't made the £20 payment as I considered the demand of this amount from ParkingEye to be unfair and wanted to appeal to POPLA.

I have now received the POPLA code and want to make an appeal to POPLA.

I would request advice on how to make a successful appeal to POPLA for my case as I paid the Parking Fee, I have the ticket proving it, I have the credit card statement proving my purchase from the merchant at the parking site (this credit card statement is for grocery shopping).

Also, the time/day at which I entered the car-park (05:37PM on 08/10/2016), it was dark and the signage was not lit enough to provide sufficient information about APNR tracking and how it will be used and validated against the complete registration details entered at parking machine and incomplete registration will be considered as an invalid ticket.

Any advice on a template letter for POPLA appeal, past case-studies for related cases will be really helpful.

The signage was not LIT enough at that time of the day to give sufficient information.

However, APNR clauses are below -

21 Automatic number plate recognition (ANPR)

21.1 You may use ANPR camera technology to manage, control and enforce parking in private car parks, as long as you do this in a reasonable, consistent and transparent manner. Your signs at the car park must tell drivers that you are using this technology and what you will use the data captured by ANPR cameras for.

21.2 Quality checks: before you issue a parking charge notice you must carry out a manual quality check of the ANPR images to reduce errors and make sure that it is appropriate to take action. Full details of the items you should check are listed in the Operators’ Handbook.

Thanks in Advance,
    Tags: None

Re: POPLA Appeal - Help Requested - Incorrect Registration

Can you sanitise the pcn ticket and appeal and post them up.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Can you sanitise the pcn ticket and appeal and post them up.

M1
      Dear M1,

Can you please provide me with a POPLA Appeal Template? I am honestly a newbie.

Thanks.

Comment

I need to see the pcn as parkingeye have 2 versions. Also the appeal to see if you are still considered as registered keeper or driver.

It will be based upon the same as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...047#post688047 but editted to suit your circumstances.

M1

Comment

I need to see the pcn as parkingeye have 2 versions. Also the appeal to see if you are still considered as registered keeper or driver.

It will be based upon the same as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...047#post688047 but editted to suit your circumstances.

M1
          Dear Mystery1,

Attached is the PCN.

Also is attached first reply letter from PE against my appeal to PE which asks for a gesture-goodwill amount of £20.

Also is attached the PE final rejection letter (since I didn't even made the £20 payment) with POPLA Code.

My Appeal - I made it online, I can recall that I submitted my Parking Ticket which had the numeric part of my ticket with entry timing and also the bank transaction showing I transacted with the merchant over there. However, there was no mention from my side that I was the driver although I am the registered-keeper.

Please help me with a strong POPLA template letter as it is so stupid that the paid for the ticket and I am being penalized for nothing.

For signage on the Car Park - Please see the pics as on this thread http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...arking-Eye-won Post#8,#10,#37, #38. It is the same Car Park as on the above thread and I can see the user #ion got benefited with a strong POPLA Template Letter from your end.

Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Edit to suit and follow http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html to submit to popla.

sjaspopla.rtf

M1

Comment

Edit to suit and follow http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html to submit to popla.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27048[/ATTACH]

M1
              Thanks M1 for your support, I'll let you know the result of the appeal. Thanks a lot.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27048[/ATTACH]

M1
                Hello Mystery, Ion and Other Helpful Members,

I received email from PE and POPLA that PE does not want to contest this appeal and have cancelled this charge.

The information available on this web site is really valuable and members are very helpful providing personal help.

Thanks again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X