• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello..Received county court buisness centre claim form.Maybe statute barred??/

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello..Received county court buisness centre claim form.Maybe statute barred??/

Also I have just read that default notice is only issued for debt that is regulated by credit consumers act, is that statement correct. As in particulars they stated default notice was issued. Thank you

Comment

Re: Hello..Received county court buisness centre claim form.Maybe statute barred??/

Hi Justme

Basically your defense is "i know nothing about this supposed debt, prove I owe it", so putting loads of info suggesting you do remember it is counter productive.

Use the template and stick to that (with the dates/details you have from the claimant). If you do want them to look into the SB aspect maybe something along the lines of "I have no unpaid debts that I am aware of in over 6 years" might help but if no-one can help further on this, just go along with the basic defense.

Again, its up to Lowells (or whoever) to do the work of proving you owe them the money, so submit the defense and relax for a few weeks/month while they run around trying to locate papers they probably dont have.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by justmee View Post
      Also I have just read that default notice is only issued for debt that is regulated by credit consumers act, is that statement correct. As in particulars they stated default notice was issued. Thank you

This might give you some idea of how incompetent these "lawyers" are.

Ive got 3 different dates for taking out the same "agreement" from them

Comment

Hiya Danny butts thank you so much for your reply.im just so confused now as to if it is regulated by credit act or not as they stated in letter they sent me as it's telecommunication it's not under credit act, also somebody on here before mention it's not regulated by consumers credit act. And if it's not credit consumers defence template isn't gonna be any good I'm guessing. Thank you so much

Comment

Did you send a CCA request to the claimant?

If not, just remove the parts that relate to the CCA from the template.

Comment

no I didn't as I was advised on here its not regulated by credit consumers act and no need to ask for cca reguest.Im guesing that if its not covered by credit consumers act its not covered by any other type of act that I could replace parts relating to cca to?Thank you

Comment

just remove the parts relating to the CCA then

Comment

Thank you so much for your help Danny Butts I have done just that and added few other relevant parts so now just have to wait and see what comes out of.This site is so great for advice and I havnt felt like im on my own trying to defend this.Happy new year to everyone.
                Next up ..... I will se you in the parking fine section lol ,not that great start to the new year for me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X