• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Drydens issued claim on SB debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drydens issued claim on SB debt

Good morning.

After having received various threats from Drydens representing Arrow Global over the past four months regarding an old Providian cc debt, I have today received a claim for the full amount (just over £1000). I know full well this is statute barred as I have not made a payment or acknowledged the debt in over six years. I have a copy of the final cc statement showing the balance, and bank statements showing the last payment which all tally.

I have sent cca request to Drydens and received a partial copy of a postal application form with no t&cs. I have told Drydens this is SB and I will not be paying. They have informed me default date is within the limitation period, I have told them that this is irrelevant as last payment was made over six years ago (approaching 7 years!).

I have requested proof from them that it is not SB, and have received nothing, until today when claim arrived.

How should I proceed with this and submit my defence?
    Tags: None

Re: Drydens issued claim on SB debt

Good morning PilotW757 & welcome to LB.

The first thing you must do is acknowledge the claim asap per court claim pack instructions.
    The easiest way is online via MCOL. (Money Claim On Line).
    You must do so within 19 days of the claim issue date. (See front page of the N1 claim form).
    For now defend in full, but do not enter any written defence.
    If you are domiciled in England or Wales, do not contest jurisdiction.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I have sent cca request to Drydens and received a partial copy of a postal application form with no t&cs.
      May I ask how you sent this? (ie recorded del, 1st class etc).
      Was it a CCA s78 request?
      & do you have proof of posting? (Although it may not be necessary if their recent communication is a clear response to your ?CCA request? If it is, then you are correct; without the T&Cs per inception & any applicable variations (apart from interest rate changes), it is non-compliant & unenforceable until/unless they do comply.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I have told Drydens this is SB and I will not be paying. They have informed me default date is within the limitation period, I have told them that this is irrelevant as last payment was made over six years ago (approaching 7 years!).

I have requested proof from them that it is not SB, and have received nothing, until today when claim arrived.
        For reference, this is from the FCA guidance.
        https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand...ate=2015-10-26
        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I sent all letters first class signed for.

Comment

Originally posted by PilotW757 View Post
            Thanks for your reply, I sent all letters first class signed for.
            Thanks for the info.
            I asked because other posters have reported that Arrow have been refusing to sign for trackable mail.
            & was it a request via s78 CCA, with a £1 fee?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Yes it was a s78 with the £1 fee. I also sent a pre action request in June, but the only evidence they have sent me was a photocopied signature section of a postal application form with no T&Cs. They sent me this again in response to my first statute barred letter.

I have now completed Acknowledgement of Service on MCOL.

Comment

Yes it was a s78 with the £1 fee. I also sent a pre action request in June, but the only evidence they have sent me was a photocopied signature section of a postal application form with no T&Cs. They sent me this again in response to my first statute barred letter.
                You may have received a response because you sent your CCA request to Drydens rather than directly to Arrow.
                Personally I think that should be ok, as Drydens are now representing Arrow, so as long as the request post-dated the court claim, you should be covered. However, to be on the safe side you could follow it up in a CPR request. (See below).

I have now completed Acknowledgement of Service on MCOL.
                You're well on track re the initial responses.
                If it were me, I would now send a CPR 31.14 request to Drydens, asking for any documentation mentioned in their Particulars of Claim. (There's no fee for this, btw).
                I would also add a paragraph concerning the CCA request sent on (dd'mm'yyyy'), asking them to confirm that they have passed this to their client.
                I would also once again ask for a more detailed response to the statute-barred claim. (Amount of payments, when paid & by what method....exact payment info c/w references).
                http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ic-information

I would also, if possible, send a SAR to the original lender. It will cost £10, but it should give any of your personal data held in any format.
                This may prove invaluable as you can make a comparison between that which the original lender has on file & the documentation that Arrow/Drydens might send.
                http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ur-information
                Keep file copies & obtain proof of posting for all correspondence.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

It seems that Providian has been sold a couple of times & is now under Barclaycard's tender care
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Right I will get the cpr request sent off asap.

How long do I now have to submit my defence?

Comment

Right I will get the cpr request sent off asap.

How long do I now have to submit my defence?
                      If you've acknowledged, 33 days from the claim issue date. (Front page N1 court claim).
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Good afternoon, I hope a good Christmas has been had by all.

I have had no response to my CPR request, and I need to get my defence submitted asap. Is there a specific template for what to enter in the case of an SB defence?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X