• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

council tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• council tax

I have a letter threatening to commit me to prison if I don't pay a sum of 440 in council tax. The letter. From b&s bailiff services says " the above mentioned council. It doesn't however mention, the council , it just says council, tax, I do however know which council it refers to.

The thing that most annoys me, ( other than the worry of being commited obviously)
    Is that I have always been good with money,

but after going to, prison for possession of stun guns, (which were in my house, not used and only kept for defence in a high crime area)

I was unable to actually end my tenancy with the council, when my parents contacted them initially, they were told i,must personally sign something to end it, but after a few more phone calls ( from prison) and by my parents, eventually they agreed to end the tenancy and no longer accumulate rent , if I " hand in my keys" which a third party can do on my behalf

The reason this is absurd, other than the fact simply handing over the, keys requires more time to hand out stored property and so more bills accumulate. The very property i lived in, was selected by my probation officer , as emergency accommodation, so im, puzzled why a scenario like this hasn't got some sort of a procedure in place to end a tenancy by proxy.

I'm further puzzled by the fact I was receiving jsa at the time. Isn't council tax already paid for?? As part of housing benefit I mean? Otherwise how is it possible to accumulate so much during only 3 months of incarceration ?
    Rent ? Yes. But council tax for 3 months??

Now I already have to pay court costs 5 pounds a week. From my existing " crime" until the total is paid off. So how can i pay 5 pounds plus whatever I have to pay each week from this , out of only jsa.

It's very hard to get a job with an unspent conviction as I'm on a community order and I already am on a very tight budget due to court costs, ,so I buy. Cheap food which i can cook myself as it's a lot cheaper than buying ready meals. And I don't put the heating on
    Also I'm not proud that I do shoplift to be able to manage.
    But if I have to pay " the full amount now" that's going to require a loan.

I don't suppose it's be concern of theirs how I will eat, but how am, i expected to stay alive and out of trouble with such dire circumstances ? I don't suppose my previous depression problems I have had treatment for matter to the courts or the bailiffs when they expect me pay such extortionate costs, when I wasn't even living in the apartment or even able to end it ??

The letter says 24 hours to pay? Really 24 hours ?
    I was not at home when someone else received the letter on my behalf , but what kind of evil Bastards threaten prison in 24 hours ? I don't even have time to speak to, probation etc
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X