• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim from Lowell Portfolio - confused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim from Lowell Portfolio - confused

The debt is with 02 and on the claim form they state they were assigned to the claimant on 30/08/2011 - which is interesting as the first i ever heard of them was when i received the claim form from the court in October 2016!
    Last edited by MoneyConfused; 3rd April 2017, 19:27:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyConfused View Post
      The debt is with 02 and on the claim form they state they were assigned to the claimant on 30/08/2011 - which is interesting as the first i ever heard of them was when i received the claim form from the court in October 2016!

Good morning,

Is this debt still showing on your credit files? (You can check Noddle and Clear Score Free online)
      When did payments cease?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyConfused View Post
        I can't remember the exact month of last payment but i know 100% that it was August 2010 or before.
        In your post # 7 you say that you're 100% sure your last payment was in August 2010 so you pleaded Statute Barred in your Defence.

I can't comment on the content of members' Witness Statements but you may wish to consider whether it should include a confident assertion that the debt is SB stating the date (month/year) of the last payment you made.

It's then up to the Claimant to prove you wrong.

Do you know the expiry date the Default Notice (if one was issued) because that may impact on any SB argument. If the POC say the debt was assigned on 30th August 2011 then it would/should have been defaulted before that date.

Were you out of your contract's minimum term when you stopped paying?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X