• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welsh water has marked my credit file with no warning.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welsh water has marked my credit file with no warning.

Hello. Nearly a year ago I checked my credit and was shocked to find 3 late payments to Welshwater for a very small amount of money £45. I had made some payments when I first moved in as it was a fixed monthly amount but then changed to a meter.

I quickly cleared the balance. I phoned them to see if I could get them removed as I thought I was paying every 6 months but it was actually quarterly. I recently had moved into the property and had never received a bill or any letters stating that my credit file would be adversely effected. They didn't want to know.

They claim to have sent out 1 bill, I never received any bill and asked them why would I ruin my excellent credit score over such a small amount of money if I was aware of the outstanding balance. I have never misssed a payment in my life.

They didn't want to know and after about 10 calls to them I gave up. i want to buy a new house next year and hate these marks being on my file especially when I received no warning.

My question is can I ask them for proof that they sent a bill but more importantly proof that they informed me they was going to adversely effect my credit score. Are they required to inform before marking my file?

I think if they can't provide me this (which they shouldn't as I never received anything) then the ombudsman might go in my favour.

I'm going to ask for proof that a statement was sent out and proof that they informed the payments were late other than a statement. Then I will ask for a dead lock letter and then take it to the ombudsman. I will send a print out of my payment history showing I have never missed a payment on my many forms of credit past and present. Also that Welsh water have failed to prove that they notified me of the outstanding balance.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Welsh water has marked my credit file with no warning.

Good morning,

It's highly unlikely that you will get any help from their customer service department.

It's best to make a "Formal Complaint " to the top person at WW they must then fully investigate the complaint and respond within 56 days this is your lead in to a complain to the ombudsman.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X