• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke - letter before court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mortimer Clarke - letter before court claim

sit tight now , their move if they continue they have to pay a court fee

Comment

Update!!

over the weekend I received a notice of sums in arrears from DLC which included court costs etc. I don't know why when it is stayed - any ideas?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeplease123 View Post
        Update!!

over the weekend I received a notice of sums in arrears from DLC which included court costs etc. I don't know why when it is stayed - any ideas?

" External " Solicitors Fees when MC is own by Carboot a another scam,

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          " External " Solicitors Fees when MC is own by Carboot a another scam,

nem
          Thanks for the reply - it has the creditor as MEIII

Do I write back and tell them it is being dear with or ignore?

Comment

Thanks for the reply - it has the creditor as MEIII

Do I write back and tell them it is being dear with or ignore?
            MEIII Is also part of Cabot which is stated on the bottom of the statement just one big miserable bunch of.........................

nem

Comment

MEIII Is also part of Cabot which is stated on the bottom of the statement just one big miserable bunch of.........................

nem
              So I ignore? They're trying to get me to acknowledge it I guess to take it the courts?

Comment

So I ignore? They're trying to get me to acknowledge it I guess to take it the courts?
                You've already acknowledged the debt, but you have the upper hand by offering to pay according to the original judgment and I assume the judgment was in favour of the original creditor or was in the hands of another debt purchase company?

nem

Comment

You've already acknowledged the debt, but you have the upper hand by offering to pay according to the original judgment and I assume the judgment was in favour of the original creditor or was in the hands of another debt purchase company?

nem
                  No I haven't acknowledged it and I have asked for original credit agreement etc which they haven't sent so it got stayed

- - - Updated - - -

If that makes sense. I haven't said the debt is mine as I can't remember anything about it - asked them for proof it was mine.

Comment

OK,
                    Is the claim still stayed? It would be worth a check if you haven't made one recently.
                    Cabot/MEIII are able to press for payment even if they cannot enforce the debt in court because they can't get a copy of the agreement, the debt still exists.

nem

Comment

• Re: Mortimer Clarke - letter before court claim

OK,
                      Is the claim still stayed? It would be worth a check if you haven't made one recently.
                      Cabot/MEIII are able to press for payment even if they cannot enforce the debt in court because they can't get a copy of the agreement, the debt still exists.

nem
                      I'll check again, it's been a few weeks since I last checked.

What am I best doing? The whole thing is like a big horrible cloud.

Comment

I'll check again, it's been a few weeks since I last checked.

What am I best doing? The whole thing is like a big horrible cloud.
                        Good make that check!
                        How long has this been stayed?

I would be send a Subject Access Request the Original Creditor ( template in the green box above) this requires the recipient to provide all the personal data it holds on you and this will put you at an advantage by knowing what MEIII can or cannot get their hands on.

There's a £10 fee for the request but it's usually well worth it.

nem

Comment

Good make that check!
                          How long has this been stayed?

I would be send a Subject Access Request the Original Creditor ( template in the green box above) this requires the recipient to provide all the personal data it holds on you and this will put you at an advantage by knowing what MEIII can or cannot get their hands on.

There's a £10 fee for the request but it's usually well worth it.

nem
                          stayed since January!

Ive done this but not heard back yet - original creditor was welcome finance

Comment

stayed since January!

Ive done this but not heard back yet - original creditor was welcome finance
                            Ok as you know Welcome is defunct and when it closed down contracts/agreements were "lost" or destroyed so it's possible that no data now exits.

Have you chased up the SAR ? The timescale for compliance is 40 working days.

nem

Comment

• Hi all - bit of a while since this all started but just got a letter today from Mortimer and Clarke saying they had been instructed to discontinue proceedings.

Thank you for all the advice!

Comment

• well done

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X