• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Portfolio I Ltd versus AlanGBS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Portfolio I Ltd versus AlanGBS

Hi everyone, as per the instructions in the introduction I am trying not to panic, albeit not too successfully right now.

Earlier today I received a Notice of Issue of Warrant of Control from the County Court Business Centre, it reads;

Urgent
    To the Debtor

You have not made payment under the judgement as you were ordered. The creditor has therefore asked for a warrant to be issued to the bailiff to seize and sell your goods. Unless you pay the amount due to the court before 02 December 2016 the bailiff will call and may remove your goods for sale at public auction. This may mean that you will have to pay further costs.

Total to Pay £179.25
    Balance Outstanding £1,392.38

Dated 25th November 2016.

====

I have registered at MCOL and have my MCOL account details and Password but am unsure how to go ahead as I seem to be missing some information, MCOL asks for Claim Number and Defence Pack Passwords but these are not on the Warrant, just Case Number, Warrant Number, Local Number & Creditor's Ref.

===

At no point have I ever acknowledged the debt with Lowell Portfolio either by phone / letter or email.

The name on the warrant is also slightly incorrect, it has my title as Miss whereas I am a man in my late 40's. I don't know if this is relevant or not but thought best to mention it.

===

I am in no way capable of paying any of the outstanding amount.

Following a serious illness I am now long term disabled, my only income is ESA ( support group ) and High Rate DLA.

A little other information that may or may not be relevant, my home belongs to my Mother but I live here alone, I have no proof of ownership of any of the goods in the house and so understand that these can be / may be taken by the bailiffs.

I hope you can help me with this matter, if you need any further information i'll do my level best to post it here.

Thanks
    AlanGBS
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Portfolio I Ltd versus AlanGBS

Good afternoon AlanGBS,

Were you aware of the original claim, did you defend it?

The warrant has been issued on the back of a judgement, the details of which can be found on The Registry Trust ( Trust Online) site.

nem

Comment

Hi nem

I just paid £4 to do a search at The Registry Trust and it returned 'nothing registered'.

I have downloaded the search result for my records.

I have had no personal contact with either Lowell or the courts, so have neither defended or denied the debt.

Thanks for helping me, is there anything else I can now do ?

Comment

Originally posted by AlanGBS View Post
        Hi nem

I just paid £4 to do a search at The Registry Trust and it returned 'nothing registered'.

I have downloaded the search result for my records.

I have had no personal contact with either Lowell or the courts, so have neither defended or denied the debt.

Thanks for helping me, is there anything else I can now do ?
        Ok Tomorrow, Alan

Phone NCC Business Centre, the should be able to trace the claim from the warrant Office hours 1000 to 1400 or sometimes you can get though up to 1600hrs.

I would have expected notice of the issue of the warrant to come from your local county court.

What does the debt arise from? Credit Card, Loan, Overdraft/current account?

Are you aware of any such debt.

Another check you can do is credit reference files Noddle and Call Credit are Free online.

Can you please post a copy of the warrant here after removing all identity information..

Comment

Have now spoken to Lowell and a stop has been put on the warrant, in fairness they were actually very decent with me on the phone.

Not at all what I expected.

If you would like to save forum space you can lock / delete as applicable.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X