• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Help!

Hi there!

Just requesting some advice if possible!

Today I received a PCN from premier park ltd for £100 (£60) if paid within 14 days

This charge was from the 8/11/16
    Issued 14/11/16 by premier
    We have been using a curtesy car from a hire car company - they received the charge on the 21/11/16
    I received a photo copy the charge today 29/11/16 from the hire car company

The driver was visit in relatives in a city about two hours away from where I live, stopped in a free car park next to a shop

They parked in at 13:27 and left at 13:35

The pictures of the car are that of going into the car park and leaving the car park

The letter says the vehicle is parked 'in a manner whereby the driver is liable for a parking charge' and states a veterinary sugeries details which is the other side of the shop

I wonder if I would be in a position to argue this fine?
    Because I've only received this today I am now liable to pay the whole £100 and also have received a £35 'admin fee' from the hire car company because they've had to forward the first letter onto me

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
    Last edited by Kls2165; 29th November 2016, 13:13:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: PCN Help!

Can you sanitise and post up the PCN and did you get any hirer information with it ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Can you sanitise and post up the PCN and did you get any hirer information with it ?

M1
      The actual letter I received today was from the Hire Car company to inform me of the PCN and they attached the photocopy. Which I have attached for you on this thread
      Attached Files

Comment

Not much you can do until you get yours. Have you told the hire company not to pay it ?

You also need to check your hire agreement to see what it says about this, as many only allow for official penalty charges not these private invoices.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X