• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty Van, just sign written!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty Van, just sign written!

Hi guys help is needed,

Purchased a van 3 weeks ago. 2nd hand. It's 4 years old. Found out engine is broken. It's my work van and I do call outs for tyre repairs. Basically my vans broken but I've just sign written it a week ago.
    What happens if the vans broken and needs replacing? As its a £3000 job. Should the garage reimburse my for my sign writing as it cost £450 and I had no idea this would happen with the van. Should they provide me with another van in the mean time? As I am
    Out of work!
    Tags: None

Re: Faulty Van, just sign written!

What does your invoice/bill of sale state?

Comment

On the face of it you can reject the vehicle.
      I have to go out now, but will reurn later.
      In the meantime I'm tagging [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] who will give good advice if he's around at the moent

Comment

Well they're coming to get the van and hopefully repair it. But I'm wondering if they can't repair it have I lost my £450 on sign writing?

Comment

The garage I've purchased the van from have basically told me now they won't come to collect the van and I'd have to take it to them (90 miles away). Shouldn't they have to come and collect the vehicle to put it right?

Comment

Back!!

Aye, they pay for collection

If the garage are going to repair the vehicle they must (as per Consumer Rights Act 2015 Sec 20 (20)):

(a)do so within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to the consumer, and

(b)bear any necessary costs incurred in doing so (including in particular the cost of any labour, materials or postage).

...If they decide it is not proportionate to repair the vehicle you can claim all your costs back (which woud include the signwriting)

My advice is that you keep written notes about this as it goes along, and confirm verbal arrangements in writing/email. It might cme n useful down the line if the garage doesn't do what it says it will!

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
              If the garage are going to repair the vehicle they must (as per Consumer Rights Act 2015 Sec 20 (20))......
              Would that still apply for a business-to-business contract?

Comment

What type of business are you ie a limited company, a business partnership or a sole trader?
                If protection is not available under CRA , the SGA still applies.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X