Thread: Rooftop Mortgages taking over from JP Morgan - what does this mean?

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Rooftop Mortgages taking over from JP Morgan - what does this mean?

Hello. Our mortgage is currently with JP Morgan (I wish it wasn't, but we got a bum steer from a "financial advisor" years ago who took us off the high street when we didn't need to be, but that's another story...)

Today, JP Morgan have written to say that their books will be transferred to Rooftop Mortgages, but assure us that nothing will change.

I had never heard of Rooftop Mortgages, and having looked them up I'm confused. In the last few years there have been numerous reports of their imminent closure, or that they were not taking on any new business. There are several discouraging threads about them on this forum! None of it is filling me with confidence.

Can anyone tell me what the current status of Rooftop Mortgages is, and suggest whether Rooftop's first act as our new lender will be to hike their interest rates?

Thanks

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Rooftop Mortgages taking over from JP Morgan - what does this mean?

I am in the same predicament as yourself. My mortgage has also been transferred from jp Morgan to rooftop mortgages. I can not work out why they transferred the mortgage. I can not find the interest rates published is this legal? Kind regards Wayne jackson