• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking up on a byroad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking up on a byroad

Did not know weather to post this in the motoring or land section of this forum
    But this will be the 4th confrontation with the game keeps I have had now!
    I have parked my camper van overnight on or next to a public byroad

My argument is- it is a public byroad where a motor vhircle is allowed on
    There argument is- you are not driving now, you are parked up along side the road and therefore are off of the road and are on common land and you are now trespassing

What do you think please?
    Tags: None

Re: Parking up on a byroad

If you are "on the road", if a public highway nothing the gamekeeper can do
    If you are "next to the road" you may or may not be on public highway. Is this a lay by?
    What exactly do they mean by "common land"?

Can you give the exact location?

Comment

It would be hard to say if it where on the road or not because it is next to the bridge and is hard standing undernight the grass that menas that someone put the gravel there in the first place
      hear is where it is https://osmaps.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/....6731909931,17
      its call Birk Beack common fell and belongs to lord Lowther

Comment

If it belongs to Lord Lowther it is his property, and if you park on it you are trespassing.

From the map there is no indication of ownership.
        The fact there is a hard standing says nothing about ownership.
        I was actually trying to view it on Google earth, just to see what it looked like, and if there was any signage.

You perhaps ought to consult theLocal highway authority to ascertain if that hardstanding is part of the highway or not

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X