• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Resignation leter response??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resignation leter response??

Hi. Just a quick question. I handed my letter of resignation in at my office (hand delivered) on the 4th October. I had a three month notice to give, with 6th January as my last day. Should I have had a letter from HR by now to say either my finishing date or at least a letter to say that they have received my resignation letter?
    Tags: None

Re: Resignation leter response??

Hi [MENTION=87749]Dutch123[/MENTION]. I cannot say for every organisation but I know when I was practising in HR we always acknowledged receipt of a resignation which detailed such things as confirming the last day of work, arrangements for final salary, holiday pay position, return of company property etc.

I would suggest that you speak to either your HR department or if you do not have one your line manager to see if it has just simply been overlooked and that by asking the question such correspondence will be forthcoming.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I will call them tomorrow but I was told "by a man in the pub" it is a legal requirement to get a reply. Just wondered if this is true.

Comment

As far as I am aware there is no legal requirement for a formal written acknowledgement of your resignation by your employer. However it is good practice to as it means that all the issues around both parties agreeing the leaving date, payments due to the resigning employee and also any monies owed or overtaken holiday by the employee and how these will be handled are properly documented.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

OK, thanks. After handing in my notice, my manager was not in the office at that time but was aware it was arriving. I was not contacted by my manager and after I had spoken to her over the next few day about work, she never mentioned that she had received the letter. After asking her directly if she had received the letter she told me that it had been passed on to HR. But still no contact. Thanks again for your replies.

Comment

I would just speak to your HR department and see if has been an oversight. If not and they do not have a practice of acknowledging resignation letters there is no harm in asking them if they would do so in this instance.

Comment

I tried calling HR yesterday but they were working from home. I did include in my resignation letter asking to be told of any deductions and the amount of holiday owed. Guess it will be sorted out on Monday.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X