• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Uk car park management limited - claim form county court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uk car park management limited - claim form county court

Hi there

Myself and my partner used to live in one of the very few areas of our little town which had residents only parking, controlled by a private parking company "UK CAR PARK MANAGEMENT LTD"

Now because we lived there, we had 2 permits for our own space in front of the house, and 1 visitors permit for spaces which ran down the side of the street.

So, there were a few occasions where we either forgot to put the visitors permit in (we only had 1 so it wasn't practical to stick it to the windscreen), or it fell off the dashboard or whatever and we received a parking ticket.

The first couple I think we paid. Then, I read somewhere on the internet that these tickets are UNENFORCEABLE and to just ignore them and chuck them in the bin. So we did - again, and again to the point where we probably had between 15 and 20 outstanding. Anyway, turns out some law was approved that meant Private Parking company's COULD enforce them so we ended up paying them about £600 (after receiving a previous court claim form sometime last year) so as to avoid a CCJ.

That unfortunately wasn't the end of it though, as there are obviously more tickets outstanding - why they're hitting us with them in batches I've no idea. So we received 2 letters in June of this year, demanding payments of £596 - from Gladstones Solicitors, a truly obnoxious organisation to say the least who were beyond rude to my then 6 month's pregnant partner. They refused to play ball with any kind of settlement / payment plan so I said lets just ignore them and see what happens.

And what's happened is my partner has received a court claim form today, weirdly, for only £236? I've attached it to this post.

So they're obviously not happy with the £600 they already received from us, yet are so disorganised they've applied to the court for only a 10th of the amount they probably want from us.

What, if anything can we do to defend this? We've never appealed to them or Poplar (or whatever they're called).

I'd rather eat my own feet than pay this despicable bunch of cowboys a penny.

Thank you
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Uk car park management limited - claim form county court

What did the lease about parking ? What did the signs say ?

M1

Comment

I'd need to take a photo of it and attach it here. Fortunately we only live 1/4 a mile away now...

Not sure what you mean by the lease sorry?

Comment

Tenancy agreement, title deeds kind of thing. Details what you pay/paid for.

M1

Comment

Just found the old tenancy agreement. I've searched the PDF for Parking, park, car etc and there's nothing in there.

I'm not sure what relation the houses would have with the surrounding land though...?

I'll pop round and take a photo when it's light tomorrow morning...

Comment

Hi [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Sorry this took me a while. Have responded to the court stating intention to defend the whole claim. Have got about a week to file the defense now.

I went round to our old street and took photos of the signs - problem is they've changed them, specifically the wording. I've attached anyway so at least you can see the positioning of them if that makes a difference. I even tried looking on Google maps to see if I could zoom in on the old signs but the quality was too distorted.
            Attached Files

Comment

And here's one with more clear wording. The part in smaller print at the bottom basically just says you've got 28 days to pay and payment terms and something about ANPR...

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! actually that was no clearer at all even thought I kept the image at it's orginal size. If I need to take a closer photo let me know - as I say though the signs were slightly different before, I just can't remember exactly what they said.

By the way - these alleged parking offences will be going back almost a year soon...
              Attached Files

Comment

I have loads to do. I believe yours is one of them.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...p?77026-Ignore

M1

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION], I have sought advice elsewhere and and am likely defending on the basis of Primacy. I think this is where you were going with it as well...

One less on your to do list. Thank you though.

Axle

Comment

Thanks for letting me know.

Let us know what the outcome is. Good luck.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X